Club Garage > Xterra Garage

A new build and it will be a slow build

<< < (5/5)

ShockBlue_Scott:
So a little update. I have not installed the Pro 4X suspension yet. Looking for either someone with a compressor or an cordless impact gun.

Does anyone on here run any form of aftermarket headers?

I am looking at the following...

Doug Thorley long tube

A "No Name" long tube on 4x4parts.com

and the Twisted Steel tube headers on 4x4parts.com

For those that are running headers what are the pros/cons?

AZGeorge:
Replacing the front coilovers is a 3 hour job - 1 hour if you've done it before.  3 nuts up top, 1 on bottom, and the sway bar (times 2).  Torque spec on lug nuts is 98 ft-lbs - a 150 ft-lb torque wrench will handle that.  No need for impact wrench or compressor.  Dunno about the back - I've only replaced my shackles - not the shocks (yet).

This should be an easy mod-day event.  I would volunteer to help, but you live an hour away :(

Also, I'd be careful about 2.5" spacers unless you have weak springs.  I put in 700# springs (to support my 400# max carnage bumper) and had 1.5" spacer.  My UCA was hard up against the coil bucket and never moved - had to take out the spacer (H/T Eron).  So I've had some practice in front end disassembly/reassembly :) 

ShockBlue_Scott:

--- Quote from: AZGeorge on December 14, 2017, 07:06:36 PM ---Replacing the front coilovers is a 3 hour job - 1 hour if you've done it before.  3 nuts up top, 1 on bottom, and the sway bar (times 2).  Torque spec on lug nuts is 98 ft-lbs - a 150 ft-lb torque wrench will handle that.  No need for impact wrench or compressor.  Dunno about the back - I've only replaced my shackles - not the shocks (yet).

This should be an easy mod-day event.  I would volunteer to help, but you live an hour away :(

Also, I'd be careful about 2.5" spacers unless you have weak springs.  I put in 700# springs (to support my 400# max carnage bumper) and had 1.5" spacer.  My UCA was hard up against the coil bucket and never moved - had to take out the spacer (H/T Eron).  So I've had some practice in front end disassembly/reassembly :)

--- End quote ---

I tried breaking the bottom shock bolts loose using hand tools with no luck. I did not spray the bolts that could be the issue. The shackles are not the real issue it is more the shock mount bolts and the rear sway bar. Does anyone know if the stud that is part of the endlink and goes through the sway bar if that is keyed for an allen  wrench?

As far as the spacers and springs. The setup I have now is stock Pro 4x Bilstein yellows.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version