Club Garage > Xterra Garage

A new build and it will be a slow build

<< < (7/7)

ShockBlue_Scott:
I just finished installing the breather mod from PRG. That honestly was the easiest thing I have ever done on a car, 2nd to wiper replacement.

To start the install I removed the right rear taillight and fed the hose down through the opening between the bumper, body of the X. Fed the hose down till I could put the KN filter in a recess in the taillight and then reinstalled the taillight.

As far at the placement of the hose I ran it along the the top of the frame and zip tied it off using the supplied zip ties. As I got closer to the axle I zip tied the hose out of the way but did not cinch it down to allow for travel while the rear axle flexes.

The fitting in the axle was a breeze to remove. I was able to get one of my ratchet combo wrenches on it and it came out easily. The installation of the new fitting was a breeze, again I used my ratchet combo wrench.

After removing the stock fitting I am sure my breather was plugged, because after removing it all I could smell was that all too familiar smell of gear oil.

In the next few months I have some money/guns coming in and I plan on liquidating the guns (hint, hint). That money is going right back into the X. Looking at replacing the tires with the KO2s in 285/75-16, front wheel bearings, the rear wheel bearings as well. Then doing a service on the transmission, rear/front diff and anything else that could use fresh oil. And swapping out the UCA for the ones adjustable ones from Rock Auto.

m.sainz12:
If youíre still in need of UCAs Iíll be selling my SPC arms here in the next month once I Titan swap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShockBlue_Scott:

--- Quote from: m.sainz12 on April 16, 2018, 09:59:05 AM ---If youíre still in need of UCAs Iíll be selling my SPC arms here in the next month once I Titan swap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

I sent you a PM.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version