General Discussion > Open Discussions

Spring rates

(1/1)

ShockBlue_Scott:
Is there a difference between the Pro 4X/Off Road front spring over the "S" trim line? I just installed shackles with the 4600s in the rear and the 4600s with a Rough Country spacers in the front. The shocks had 5K on them when they were swapped out for coil overs.

The ride is a lot better but when going over speed bumps it feels like it is bottoming out or doesn't have enough downward travel. Could the front sway bar be causing that? What if I remove the sway bar, will I have issues with the front axles?

AZGeorge:
Spacers have the annoying habit of causing coil bucket contact with the [stock] upper control arm, especially if the springs are beefier.  Check out your UCA and see how much clearance you have.  If you hear a thunk going over a bump, it's likely your UCA hitting the coil bucket.

ShockBlue_Scott:
Iíll make sure to check that out. But I do not hear it on the drivers side though.

m.sainz12:

--- Quote from: ShockBlue_Scott on March 05, 2018, 03:06:50 AM ---Iíll make sure to check that out. But I do not hear it on the drivers side though.

--- End quote ---
Iím going to assume your S model is 4x4? Spring rates are different in 2wd vs 4wd. Also I had this problem with 5100s and I got rid of them because I couldnít narrow the issue down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version