General Discussion > Open Discussions

Tires

(1/3) > >>

Critchley:
The time has come for me to get some new shoes for the X, planning on doing this on Friday afternoon.

Thinking of going with stock size on the BFG All-terrain T/A KO or up to 285's and doing the melt mod to prevent rubbing.

Discount tire has been extremely good to me over the years so thinking of going with them again.

Any other suggestions on different tires or vendors that you all have delt with.

AZ-Ted:
The BFG AT KO is a great tire, and you'll be pleased.  The 265/75/16 won't be an issue.  If you go to the 285s, be advised that some shops (Discount, Costco, etc.) will not mount them on the stock wheel because they believe the stock wheel is too narrow.

defibvt:
Also with the extra size your dealer could blame the extra size as the reason for your front diff. failing.  They tried with mine but I told them it was an excuse not to fix it and they had to prove that that was the reason.

Critchley:

--- Quote from: AZ-Ted on February 23, 2010, 03:17:33 PM ---The BFG AT KO is a great tire, and you'll be pleased.  The 265/75/16 won't be an issue.  If you go to the 285s, be advised that some shops (Discount, Costco, etc.) will not mount them on the stock wheel because they believe the stock wheel is too narrow.

--- End quote ---

I believe that Discount stated that when I inquired before on one size bigger a few months back.

--- Quote from: defibvt on February 23, 2010, 03:34:15 PM ---Also with the extra size your dealer could blame the extra size as the reason for your front diff. failing.  They tried with mine but I told them it was an excuse not to fix it and they had to prove that that was the reason.

--- End quote ---

Good point.

I think I will stay stock for now, thanks for your quick input.

defibvt:
Don't let my bitter love for the 05 Xterra influence you too much.  Do your own research.  newx.org has lots of info that can be helpful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version