General Discussion > Open Discussions

Fender Bender......

<< < (2/4) > >>

Critchley:

--- Quote from: T-Ray on June 24, 2009, 10:59:22 AM ---Ummm.... First Class Auto Body in in Scottsdale. Onix manages the place, the owner (Dave) is a all-around good guy, and they let us have our meetings there. It might be sacreligious to NOT go there....just sayin'  :-\

Only place I'd ever go for body/collision repair (hopefully I never have to).  ;)

Located @ Civic Center & Thomas in South Scottsdale.

--- End quote ---

Crying out loud, I had a massive brain fart on that one.

I will try to get there tomorrow.  Appointment with chiropractor today after work and I know there is a shop close to the office. 

Thanks!

Onix:
Just a thought .The est you get from an ins company is not the full amount to repar the car/truck.It is short changed .The ins company gave you a check in hopes you cash it and then the deal is closed.When you choose a bodyshop for repairs there will be a supplament to the party paying the bill (ins comp)at that point the adjuster will inspect the car/truck and pay the remainder balance to the repair/collision shop.Hope this helps Onix :)

DZRT:

--- Quote from: RJCX on June 24, 2009, 01:21:34 PM ---
Crying out loud, I had a massive brain fart on that one.

--- End quote ---

Maybe you should claim brain injury.  ::)   J/K!

Critchley:

--- Quote from: Onix on June 24, 2009, 02:44:11 PM ---Just a thought .The est you get from an ins company is not the full amount to repar the car/truck.It is short changed .The ins company gave you a check in hopes you cash it and then the deal is closed.When you choose a bodyshop for repairs there will be a supplament to the party paying the bill (ins comp)at that point the adjuster will inspect the car/truck and pay the remainder balance to the repair/collision shop.Hope this helps Onix :)

--- End quote ---

No check as of yet, they are coming out tomorrow to take pictures and give me an estimate.  The place I stopped at today seemed shady and basically told me to get there estimate and they will work with it and if there is any additional unseen damage they would deal with the insurance company so what you say makes sense. 

I will be by First Class Auto Body on my way home tomorrow, around 4ish for an actual estimate.

Thanks for the insight..

Yasha:

--- Quote from: RJCX on June 19, 2009, 08:14:12 AM ---Not even a year old and the X was rear ended by someone not paying attention >:(.  Nothing major, just some minor damage to plastic, but not sure about underneath.   May be a good time to mod the rear, thoughts?

--- End quote ---
Same thing happened to me. in April, I got hit. Bumper is gone, but the vehicle scratched other parts, which upped the check. I got $1200, which was enough to order the bumper and suspension work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version