collapse

Donate

Become a 2017/18 AZXC Supporting Member just Click the Donate button.

* Calendar

December 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

Upcoming Events

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Newest Member

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 24
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
goto AZXC

Go To AZXC

goto AZTC

GoTo AZFC

GoTo AZPC

Forum Chatbox

Refresh History
  • pinchel (Rob): Happy Holidays!
    Yesterday at 09:56:41 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Post up if you can meet up at Coffee & Crawlers tomorrow! Don't forget a new unwrapped toy to enter special drawing.
    December 08, 2017, 06:02:36 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Has anyone done the Diamond Creek Road to the bottom of the Grand Canyon?
    December 05, 2017, 08:52:10 AM
  • XterrasNameIsMolly (Justin): I have nothing to do, but I would be happy to assist / host a mod day if interested (south phoenix)
    December 05, 2017, 08:47:14 AM
  • DBAX: Picked up a pop up camper (used) this weekend, thinking an axle flip will be a good thing. Also thinking, I've never flipped an axle..
    December 04, 2017, 01:28:38 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: I would be interested in a mod day and helping others. I have some Pro 4x suspension that needs to go in...
    December 04, 2017, 08:15:24 AM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): I can try hosting a mod day in the east valley if we have some interested to help out
    December 01, 2017, 09:59:52 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): As soon as i get my bolts i can have a mod day
    December 01, 2017, 02:23:19 PM
  • m.sainz12: also whens the next mod day
    November 30, 2017, 05:48:21 PM
  • m.sainz12: no not yet! he wont text me back :(
    November 30, 2017, 05:48:03 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Soon I will have all I need for a 2" body lift!
    November 29, 2017, 07:34:36 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): M.sainz12 you get your hat from Stephen yet?! lol
    November 28, 2017, 07:34:42 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): For a full length cargo rack?
    November 28, 2017, 07:34:18 AM
  • cjohan: anyone in tucson know a good place to get a net for the roof that reaches front to back of the x?
    November 27, 2017, 12:10:55 PM
  • cjohan: anyone in tucson know a place to buy a net for the top of the x that reaches front to back?
    November 27, 2017, 12:07:30 PM
  • m.sainz12: anyone want a small palo verde tree?
    November 25, 2017, 06:11:27 AM
  • DBAX: Happy Thanksgiving maddafaqqas
    November 24, 2017, 09:38:58 AM
  • remo1991(Brent): I'm in Tucson always looking for something to do
    November 18, 2017, 07:52:12 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): New Club patches are coming soon...pics just posted! Who wants some?! [link]
    November 17, 2017, 06:37:09 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): There's a few members in Tucson, but not sure what their availability is.
    November 17, 2017, 10:44:00 AM

Author Topic: Fender Bender......  (Read 3315 times)

Offline Critchley

• Robert James Photography
Fender Bender......
« on: June 19, 2009, 08:14:12 AM »
Not even a year old and the X was rear ended by someone not paying attention >:(.  Nothing major, just some minor damage to plastic, but not sure about underneath.   May be a good time to mod the rear, thoughts?
"Ashes to ashes, Beer to pee" - Anonymous

2009 OR Night Armor

gmmarin

Re: Fender Bender......
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 10:58:49 AM »
I have a Schrock tire swing away bumber. I was rear ended by a Dodge Caliber. It folded up her hood. The only thing I got was paint transfer from her car to my bumper and license plate mount. She didn't even scratch the powder coating. Too bad though, I could have destroyed her radiator to teach her a real lesson had I left my towing hitch on, rather than the Shackle hitch. I should have someone weld a big spike on the end of my hitch, so it will really hurt when I get rearended again. I've been rearended twice in 3 years, when I was stopped at a light or in traffic. The person prior to that was in a truck and just bounced off the spare tire, no damage at all.

Offline Critchley

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 10:39:52 AM »
Received a call from her agent yesterday that they are accepting liability, and will  just cut me a check for repairs. Just need to get a couple of estimates after work today and compare to their adjusters estimates.

Any recommendations for a good body shop in the East Valley?

2009 OR Night Armor

T-Ray

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 10:59:22 AM »
Ummm.... First Class Auto Body in in Scottsdale. Onix manages the place, the owner (Dave) is a all-around good guy, and they let us have our meetings there. It might be sacreligious to NOT go there....just sayin'  :-\

Only place I'd ever go for body/collision repair (hopefully I never have to).  ;)

Located @ Civic Center & Thomas in South Scottsdale.

XCJ

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 12:03:34 PM »
Agreed.  Go to First Class.

Offline Critchley

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 01:21:34 PM »
Ummm.... First Class Auto Body in in Scottsdale. Onix manages the place, the owner (Dave) is a all-around good guy, and they let us have our meetings there. It might be sacreligious to NOT go there....just sayin'  :-\

Only place I'd ever go for body/collision repair (hopefully I never have to).  ;)

Located @ Civic Center & Thomas in South Scottsdale.

Crying out loud, I had a massive brain fart on that one.

I will try to get there tomorrow.  Appointment with chiropractor today after work and I know there is a shop close to the office. 

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 01:24:09 PM by RJCX »

2009 OR Night Armor

Onix

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 02:44:11 PM »
Just a thought .The est you get from an ins company is not the full amount to repar the car/truck.It is short changed .The ins company gave you a check in hopes you cash it and then the deal is closed.When you choose a bodyshop for repairs there will be a supplament to the party paying the bill (ins comp)at that point the adjuster will inspect the car/truck and pay the remainder balance to the repair/collision shop.Hope this helps Onix :)

Offline DZRT

• MySpace Page
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 03:08:33 PM »

Crying out loud, I had a massive brain fart on that one.

Maybe you should claim brain injury.  ::)   J/K!

Offline Critchley

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 08:03:02 PM »
Just a thought .The est you get from an ins company is not the full amount to repar the car/truck.It is short changed .The ins company gave you a check in hopes you cash it and then the deal is closed.When you choose a bodyshop for repairs there will be a supplament to the party paying the bill (ins comp)at that point the adjuster will inspect the car/truck and pay the remainder balance to the repair/collision shop.Hope this helps Onix :)

No check as of yet, they are coming out tomorrow to take pictures and give me an estimate.  The place I stopped at today seemed shady and basically told me to get there estimate and they will work with it and if there is any additional unseen damage they would deal with the insurance company so what you say makes sense. 

I will be by First Class Auto Body on my way home tomorrow, around 4ish for an actual estimate.

Thanks for the insight..

2009 OR Night Armor

Yasha

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 08:57:48 PM »
Not even a year old and the X was rear ended by someone not paying attention >:(.  Nothing major, just some minor damage to plastic, but not sure about underneath.   May be a good time to mod the rear, thoughts?
Same thing happened to me. in April, I got hit. Bumper is gone, but the vehicle scratched other parts, which upped the check. I got $1200, which was enough to order the bumper and suspension work.

Onix

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 09:09:29 PM »

No check as of yet, they are coming out tomorrow to take pictures and give me an estimate.  The place I stopped at today seemed shady and basically told me to get there estimate and they will work with it and if there is any additional unseen damage they would deal with the insurance company so what you say makes sense. 

I will be by First Class Auto Body on my way home tomorrow, around 4ish for an actual estimate.

Thanks for the insight..

Glad i could help you .See you thursday.
Wally/Onix

Offline Critchley

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 06:48:11 AM »
OK everyone.....Wally really helped me out yesterday afternoon, thanks again for your insight and help.

Since this is my first 4X4. I would like to ask your opinions on the Shrock bumper with tire mount or just the plain bumper.

Outside of cost what would be the  Pros and cons? 

2009 OR Night Armor

Offline DZRT

• MySpace Page
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 09:20:31 AM »
Just my opinion (at the moment, I reserve the right the change it at any time (cause I'm a woman and can change my mind whenever I feel like it))...
Wally keeps telling me I need a tire carrier (‘cause something else is residing the spare tire spot). But I keep telling him no cause that will be one more step that I have to do to get to stuff in the back. I already feel bad asking Wally to go in the back of his truck when I'd like a drink from the cooler. To me, it's like unwrapping the box of chocolates to sneak one before you give it as a gift, then having to rap it back up. It’s just a pain.

T-Ray

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 09:34:50 AM »
Pros of tire carrier IMO: protection for truck from rear impact
                                      protection for spare tire on trails
                                      ease of access to spare (don't have to crawl underneath)
                                      gives a distinct look to a 4x4 vehicle
                                      better departure angle (no tire hanging down)
                                      great place to mount CB antenna & high-lift jack
                                      ability to carry a really big spare tire

Cons of tire carrier: no more clean stock-looking truck
                                one more step to gain access to cargo area
                                you'll end up buying a front bumper to match before the year is over  ;)
                                will change the on-road manners (slight weight increase plus COG & COM changes)
                                you'll wish you ordered 3 items at once to get a discount from SHROCK  :D

That's all I can think of now, I'm sure others will chime it. Personally, if we ever put a bumper on our Gen2 it will be  SHROCK without a tire carrier. We just don't plan on wheeling that truck very hard, but it would be nice to have an integrated tow point.

Offline Critchley

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009, 09:38:32 AM »
Decided on the rear tire mount bumper, looking more toward the future and eventually getting into more serious wheeling... 

Should be placing an order soon, once I figure out what color I would look best with the Night Armor, black or gray.......the wait and anticipation will kill me.

2009 OR Night Armor

Copyright ©2015 Arizona Xterra Club The Nissan names, logos and slogans are registered trademarks of Nissan Motor Co. Ltd and is no way affiliated with this site. All posts are the property of the posters and are not the responsibility of the Arizona Xterra Club, it's affiliates, web hosts or associated companies.