collapse

Donate

Become a 2017/18 AZXC Supporting Member just Click the Donate button.

* Calendar

December 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

Upcoming Events

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Newest Member

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 29
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
goto AZXC

Go To AZXC

goto AZTC

GoTo AZFC

GoTo AZPC

Forum Chatbox

Refresh History
  • pinchel (Rob): Post up if you can meet up at Coffee & Crawlers tomorrow! Don't forget a new unwrapped toy to enter special drawing.
    December 08, 2017, 06:02:36 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Has anyone done the Diamond Creek Road to the bottom of the Grand Canyon?
    December 05, 2017, 08:52:10 AM
  • XterrasNameIsMolly (Justin): I have nothing to do, but I would be happy to assist / host a mod day if interested (south phoenix)
    December 05, 2017, 08:47:14 AM
  • DBAX: Picked up a pop up camper (used) this weekend, thinking an axle flip will be a good thing. Also thinking, I've never flipped an axle..
    December 04, 2017, 01:28:38 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: I would be interested in a mod day and helping others. I have some Pro 4x suspension that needs to go in...
    December 04, 2017, 08:15:24 AM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): I can try hosting a mod day in the east valley if we have some interested to help out
    December 01, 2017, 09:59:52 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): As soon as i get my bolts i can have a mod day
    December 01, 2017, 02:23:19 PM
  • m.sainz12: also whens the next mod day
    November 30, 2017, 05:48:21 PM
  • m.sainz12: no not yet! he wont text me back :(
    November 30, 2017, 05:48:03 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Soon I will have all I need for a 2" body lift!
    November 29, 2017, 07:34:36 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): M.sainz12 you get your hat from Stephen yet?! lol
    November 28, 2017, 07:34:42 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): For a full length cargo rack?
    November 28, 2017, 07:34:18 AM
  • cjohan: anyone in tucson know a good place to get a net for the roof that reaches front to back of the x?
    November 27, 2017, 12:10:55 PM
  • cjohan: anyone in tucson know a place to buy a net for the top of the x that reaches front to back?
    November 27, 2017, 12:07:30 PM
  • m.sainz12: anyone want a small palo verde tree?
    November 25, 2017, 06:11:27 AM
  • DBAX: Happy Thanksgiving maddafaqqas
    November 24, 2017, 09:38:58 AM
  • remo1991(Brent): I'm in Tucson always looking for something to do
    November 18, 2017, 07:52:12 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): New Club patches are coming soon...pics just posted! Who wants some?! [link]
    November 17, 2017, 06:37:09 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): There's a few members in Tucson, but not sure what their availability is.
    November 17, 2017, 10:44:00 AM
  • cjohan: anyone in tucson? need to do the bypass but would rather have help then do it myself
    November 15, 2017, 07:43:18 PM

Poll

What do ya wanna do???

Camp (overnight) - Table Mesa
2 (11.8%)
Volunteer - TBD
2 (11.8%)
Looking for Ghost Towns - Wickenburg Area
5 (29.4%)
Sit and drink beer - Lake Pleasant
0 (0%)
Cook/eat good camp food - Saguaro
2 (11.8%)
Adventure Wheeling- Four Peaks to Roosevelt Lake
3 (17.6%)
Adventure Wheeling- Apache Trail
2 (11.8%)
All these suck
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: April 08, 2010, 03:14:28 PM

Author Topic: April Xcursion - April 24th - Wickenburg Mountains  (Read 9014 times)

fangars

Re: April Xcursion - April 24th - Wickenburg Mountains
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2010, 08:42:48 PM »
I think its best if those who know they are going or are tentative about going post up and keep in touch with each other right up until its go time.
Leadership is one thing but in the end it should really be those who want to go to make sure others are going to be there and when.
Touch base the day before and get phone numbers exchanged, thats the way most of the unofficial excursions go, so to some degree the official excursions should go this way as well.

The leadership should probably have some hand in this if they see its going to be a low turn out or a really iffy excursion and perhaps message folks to post up and even if need be, reschedule.

I can see signs of people trying to get some sort of list going as I read this thread but in the end it really fell apart.

For those who really want to go I think its best if they use what energies they have to make it happen and connect with others, but I can totally understand a new soon to be member getting burned on how this one turned out. In my own recollection this is the first 1 man Xcursion, taken on by a someone looking to be a member even.

T-Ray

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2010, 09:41:12 PM »
In my own recollection this is the first 1 man Xcursion, taken on by a someone looking to be a member even.

Good points, fangars.  :)

This is a 1st in the ~5 years I've been involved with the club. Very disappointing IMHO :-[ Sucks you got stood up, but sounds like you made it a good day though.  8) Hope you try again if there is a trip in May or beyond.

I'm leading a group up to Sedona next Saturday if anyone wants to join PM me for details.  ;)

defibvt

« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2010, 07:47:31 AM »
I am shocked by this outcome.  Good for you Ghostrider for making it a great day for you.  I wheel with ya anytime.  Just give me a call.  (I know a poor movie reference but I had too.)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 07:54:00 AM by defibvt »

Offline Ghostrider

• Supporting Member
  • Red Rock Spirit
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2010, 09:13:16 AM »
I think this be a good run for potentioal new members and old timers alike. This is not alot stress on vehicals and resources. Good trial for alot of folks just looking for a fun run and not a techically challeging run.

I think we should look at putting a future date before things get really hot here in PHX! 8)
Mark Costa

Onix

« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2010, 09:29:55 AM »
Well its nice to see everyone who posted up on this run who wanted to go did not come forward and say i or we could not go .Any takers ....................................................................I thought so !!! So on this note i dont see anyone posting up they couldnt make it  ................. Lets see I think there was Ted,Brenda,Wally, and................. Well thats three so two more and that would make 5 ,O Tomas wanted to go but he went chasing butterfly's. I think some of the blame would be the lurkers who said i want to go !!!!! I will take the blame for not going do to my truck being down!!!!!!!!!!!! And Tim i think you have a good point .This is a 1st in the ~5 years ....I would say 4 1/2 tim as your truck was down for 1/2 the year but point taken.There has been other dates that where never done so this is a fact and that is the 7 years i have been in the club!!!!
Now those of you who post up need to be an adult and take the time to  post up you can NOT make it so others can look forward to the event and see who there gonna wheel with .
Its like ebay you post up to buy/ purchase the item and then dont .There is a cluase on ebay that says you need to reply if you are not going to purchase such said item .,NOT MUCH DIFFRENT LURKERS !!!!!

Thank you for yor intrest on this run but you did go on your own and rule of thumb is you dont wheel alone so on that note you did what most wont!Good for you so i dont think anyone can bitch about this you are an adult Ghostrider and you chose to run alone thats great .

08whitex

« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2010, 10:11:17 AM »
Ghostrider,

I am usually able to go on runs every weekend (except last and this weekend). Most of the members that go out have each others number. PM me if you want to go out one weekend and I will give you my number.

Offline DZRT

• MySpace Page
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2010, 11:01:08 AM »
I hate to repeat what has already been posted in this thread... but I guess I have to so there is understanding.

THIS WAS A LOW INTEREST RUN. As of Thursday there was ONLY ONE PERSON. There could have been more, there could have been less in the final hours before the run. But there wasn’t.

Therefore Ghostrider did not get stood up by anyone.

I only got ONE phone number, as I had requested in this thread, of someone who wanted to go. Then that person wasn't able to go and let me know. So I then had only ONE people confirmed and Zero Phone numbers.

So with that being said... being said again... I don't see why there is anger or disappointment or even hate.

There has been low outcome of excursions and meeting in the very recent past (November, December)... It happens... People get mad, people get busy, they do other things, have emergencies or even have to fix their trucks before going out. It's part of life.

Ghostrider... you really should have gotten with T-Ray about his open invention instead of wheeling by yourself. It would have been a much better of a guarantee that your outing would have been successful than just taking chances on your own (i.e. showing up at a location that no one is going to be at). T-Ray was more than happy to take anyone along and he's not that hard to get a hold of.

fangars

« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2010, 12:55:37 PM »
Not sure we should worry too much about who to blame, but rather we as a club, not just the leadership, should make an effort to not let this happen to the would be members who might be under the impression that the excursions are set in stone, as the meeting times and places are on the thread.

The day or perhaps a few days before there is to be an excursion we should have a posted up list of people who are going, and if it so happens there is no more then 1 rig then a cancellation or rescheduling should be posted no less then 24 hours ahead of time.

If you read this thread you can see as a member who has been in a while that things look real iffy and those of us who have seen how things have happened or not happened in the past would know to call some one or post up for definite confirmation that this is going to happen, or not.

Thats all very well and fine for us who know but the new soon-to-be members might be assuming that its just going to happen as its written down in the thread and never concretely contradicted later in the thread to indicate that it might not occur. Yes there were concerns raised and for us that have been in a while that casual raising of concerns is enough, but for the newer members we should, as a club, make sure there is a post with the list of people who are definitely going so that those people can exchange numbers.

Its not productive too worry about blame, lets just take some steps to not let it happen again if at all possible, besides a good deal of the blame could rest on my own shoulders. Not just as a club member who was watching as this thread fizzled out, but also as someone who knew Ghostrider personally and should have made sure he knew how these things have been going down in the past.

This is not a leadership issue, its a club issue, and I am not seeing the "anger" and "hate" brought up in this thread, but I do see and understand the disappointment.
Its not healthy to blow this out of proportion, we are not talking about 9/11 here, just an excursion that we let fizzle out without letting the newbs know it might not happen. 

Copyright ©2015 Arizona Xterra Club The Nissan names, logos and slogans are registered trademarks of Nissan Motor Co. Ltd and is no way affiliated with this site. All posts are the property of the posters and are not the responsibility of the Arizona Xterra Club, it's affiliates, web hosts or associated companies.