collapse

Donate

Become a 2017/18 AZXC Supporting Member just Click the Donate button.

* Calendar

December 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Upcoming Events

* Newest Member

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 16
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
goto AZXC

Go To AZXC

goto AZTC

GoTo AZFC

GoTo AZPC

Forum Chatbox

Refresh History
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Seems like a good deal not sure if it is some one on here: [link]
    Yesterday at 11:53:37 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): Definitely breaker bar...
    Yesterday at 08:27:59 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): No, Thats best acomplished with a breaaker bar and a wrench.
    December 14, 2017, 09:02:10 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: You think it will bust the lower shock bolts loose?
    December 14, 2017, 08:51:05 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): I have a 3/8 drive Milwaukee cordless impact
    December 14, 2017, 08:47:31 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: @PitSnipe what size is your?
    December 14, 2017, 08:46:22 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): cant help ya there.
    December 14, 2017, 08:29:38 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: @PitSnipe prefer 1/2 as I wanna do the suspension on the truck. But if  3/8 will work...
    December 14, 2017, 08:14:55 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): 3/8 or 1/2 ?
    December 14, 2017, 05:45:19 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Anyone have a good cordless impact gun I could borrow for a few days?
    December 14, 2017, 01:59:48 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Happy Holidays!
    December 13, 2017, 09:56:41 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Post up if you can meet up at Coffee & Crawlers tomorrow! Don't forget a new unwrapped toy to enter special drawing.
    December 08, 2017, 06:02:36 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Has anyone done the Diamond Creek Road to the bottom of the Grand Canyon?
    December 05, 2017, 08:52:10 AM
  • XterrasNameIsMolly (Justin): I have nothing to do, but I would be happy to assist / host a mod day if interested (south phoenix)
    December 05, 2017, 08:47:14 AM
  • DBAX: Picked up a pop up camper (used) this weekend, thinking an axle flip will be a good thing. Also thinking, I've never flipped an axle..
    December 04, 2017, 01:28:38 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: I would be interested in a mod day and helping others. I have some Pro 4x suspension that needs to go in...
    December 04, 2017, 08:15:24 AM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): I can try hosting a mod day in the east valley if we have some interested to help out
    December 01, 2017, 09:59:52 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): As soon as i get my bolts i can have a mod day
    December 01, 2017, 02:23:19 PM
  • m.sainz12: also whens the next mod day
    November 30, 2017, 05:48:21 PM
  • m.sainz12: no not yet! he wont text me back :(
    November 30, 2017, 05:48:03 PM

Author Topic: Broken Arrow  (Read 4452 times)

T-Ray

Broken Arrow
« on: July 01, 2010, 09:32:45 PM »
Rating: 2.5
Vehicle Requirements: 31" tires, 4X4, some suspension lift

Beautiful little slickrock trail in Sedona. Traction is amazing - no lockers needed here. Great place for beginner's to test their skills & get their feet wet with driving in 4-lo. Best times to go are early in the morning or late afternoon. This trail is utilized by a Jeep Tours company and can get congested during the day.

Can be run in a stock 4x4 Xterra with good driving & spotting when needed.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 04:16:01 PM by T-Ray »

Offline Ghostrider

• Supporting Member
  • Red Rock Spirit
Re: Broken Arrow
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 10:54:25 AM »
DITO! What a great trail to run and its not far from town and  you not far from Scheblies Trial and Solders pass as well . If the wives and girlfriends get tired of all of that, there is plenty of wining in dining in Sedona.
 8) 8)
PS: Don't mind the Pink jeep Guys, that growl at everybody!!!
Mark Costa

11Pro4X

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 11:10:09 AM »
DITO! What a great trail to run and its not far from town and  you not far from Scheblies Trial and Solders pass as well . If the wives and girlfriends get tired of all of that, there is plenty of wining in dining in Sedona.
 8) 8)
PS: Don't mind the Pink jeep Guys, that growl at everybody!!!

AZXC has had an awesome relationship with the pink jeeps.  We had an awesome run at CANVAZ and those guys were awesome sharing the trails with us.

Offline azxtreme

• Noob
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 03:11:10 PM »
My wife and I were actually asked by a group of people in a Pink Jeep tour to follow them so they could get some cool pics, wish I knew where to find those. ???

Offline Hausaufgaben

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 09:44:59 AM »
OMG Yes!  Those pink jeep guys are complete a-holes!  I aired down my tires in the parking lot for broken arrow and when I drove back up I had to do a 3 point turn because it's a pretty sharp turn to get on the trail.  It just had to happen, a pink jeep tour came when I was trying to turn the corner.  So I politely backed up to create space so he can pass and the jerk just GUNNED it right in front of me without waving or thanking me.  Since then, I haven't pulled to the side for them and always slow down so it takes more time.  Maybe they need to be more respective towards others and they won't have such a bad rep with off roaders.

Rant done.  But this trail is awesome.  Whenever I go to Sedona, this trail is a MUST, especially when there's a lot of mud around to make you X a little dirty.  The trail requires SOME skill in certain areas but otherwise newbie friendly.  Love it!

Offline AZ-Ted

• AZ-Ted's YouTube Site
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2013, 11:04:51 AM »
^^Please don't let one bad experience cause you to be inconsiderate on the trails - especially Broken Arrow, and especially with the Pink Jeeps.  AZXC and the Pink Jeeps have a very good, and very long-term relationship that goes way back some 13+ years.

There will be times where you will need to pull over and/or backup, and there will be times when oncoming vehicle will have to do the pulling over /  backing up.  There will also be times when you may or may not get a wave or a thank you, but don't let that cause you to be upset or angry.

Let's do our best to exhibit good trail etiquette - even when the other vehicles we encounter may or may not be doing the same.
2006 XOR; Titan Swapped; Fully Shrocked, etc., etc.
2013 Titan Pro4X:  A.R.E. "Z" series truck cap

Offline remo1991(Brent)

• Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2013, 05:22:04 PM »
Well said Ted it's always a plus to be considerate on the trail you never know when you may need someone to help you out. I also have had a bad experance with pink jeeps but they have also helped me so it's a give and take. I have been on some trails where I had to back up and never got a wave or a thank you but I bet $ to doughnuts they will still help you out in a tough situation. Just rememberer to be considerate on the trial it will only pay off in the long run.
T-swap / Snorkel

paintsnow

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2013, 11:27:25 PM »
Out of all my experiences with Pink Jeep, I only ran into one bad apple. Thankfully the rest of the drivers were super nice that day and helped me forget about it and not be bitter.

Leading a group about 10 trucks long, almost to the little look out point where you pull in and pull out the same way,and backtrack to the "round about", the spot everyone lines up for the pictures at....well we are at the bottom of the little hill which is a few feet before the flat big huge open spot, and the guy wouldn't back up I told him I had 10 behind me and he was very rude, said he didn't care, and that we all had to move out of his way, and that he wasn't moving. It was a nightmare easily avoidable.

I wonder if it is all the same guy, every other driver I have encountered has been super nice, and ive run the trail many times, either way, might as well be nice to them all, no reason to make them hate other wheelers, its a great trail and we just have to make it work out with the unique company that lets people experience out sport in a unique way. I've had many questions and thumbs up when people see that daily drivers are capable of the trail. Who knows, maybe some people look into it more after and join our ranks.

Offline Hausaufgaben

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2013, 01:39:57 PM »
That's true.  After going on the trails for quite a while and having no trouble with them, I'd hate to have such a negative attitude towards their entire company just because of one bad apple.  But I don't have a lot of contact with them, as I'm sure those who off road on those trails don't as well.  I'll leave it be, just wish after they'd be considerate for those around them, if they want it as well.

Offline AZ-Ted

• AZ-Ted's YouTube Site
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2015, 03:35:34 AM »
Bumping this thread, as the Broken Arrow (4x4) run is coming up soon.  This is worth a read through, but I'll summarize:  AZXC and the Pink Jeeps have had a great relationship for the last 15 years.  They help maintain the trails in Sedona (cleanups, trail maintenance, etc.), and they are a great bunch of guys and girls.  Let's do our best to continue this long-standing relationship.
2006 XOR; Titan Swapped; Fully Shrocked, etc., etc.
2013 Titan Pro4X:  A.R.E. "Z" series truck cap