collapse

Donate

Become a 2017/18 AZXC Supporting Member just Click the Donate button.

* Calendar

December 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
[17] 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

Upcoming Events

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Newest Member

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 13
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
goto AZXC

Go To AZXC

goto AZTC

GoTo AZFC

GoTo AZPC

Forum Chatbox

Refresh History
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Seems like a good deal not sure if it is some one on here: [link]
    December 15, 2017, 11:53:37 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): Definitely breaker bar...
    December 15, 2017, 08:27:59 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): No, Thats best acomplished with a breaaker bar and a wrench.
    December 14, 2017, 09:02:10 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: You think it will bust the lower shock bolts loose?
    December 14, 2017, 08:51:05 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): I have a 3/8 drive Milwaukee cordless impact
    December 14, 2017, 08:47:31 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: @PitSnipe what size is your?
    December 14, 2017, 08:46:22 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): cant help ya there.
    December 14, 2017, 08:29:38 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: @PitSnipe prefer 1/2 as I wanna do the suspension on the truck. But if  3/8 will work...
    December 14, 2017, 08:14:55 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): 3/8 or 1/2 ?
    December 14, 2017, 05:45:19 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Anyone have a good cordless impact gun I could borrow for a few days?
    December 14, 2017, 01:59:48 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Happy Holidays!
    December 13, 2017, 09:56:41 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Post up if you can meet up at Coffee & Crawlers tomorrow! Don't forget a new unwrapped toy to enter special drawing.
    December 08, 2017, 06:02:36 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Has anyone done the Diamond Creek Road to the bottom of the Grand Canyon?
    December 05, 2017, 08:52:10 AM
  • XterrasNameIsMolly (Justin): I have nothing to do, but I would be happy to assist / host a mod day if interested (south phoenix)
    December 05, 2017, 08:47:14 AM
  • DBAX: Picked up a pop up camper (used) this weekend, thinking an axle flip will be a good thing. Also thinking, I've never flipped an axle..
    December 04, 2017, 01:28:38 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: I would be interested in a mod day and helping others. I have some Pro 4x suspension that needs to go in...
    December 04, 2017, 08:15:24 AM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): I can try hosting a mod day in the east valley if we have some interested to help out
    December 01, 2017, 09:59:52 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): As soon as i get my bolts i can have a mod day
    December 01, 2017, 02:23:19 PM
  • m.sainz12: also whens the next mod day
    November 30, 2017, 05:48:21 PM
  • m.sainz12: no not yet! he wont text me back :(
    November 30, 2017, 05:48:03 PM

Author Topic: Table Mesa East  (Read 11324 times)

T-Ray

Table Mesa East
« on: July 02, 2010, 09:31:13 AM »
Rating: 2.0
Vehicle Requirements: can be done in a stock Xterra. 4x4 recommended

This trail travels East from I-17 at the Table Mesa Rd exit through ranching territory (please close any gates as you pass through them) and ends at FR-24 just north of the Seven Springs Recreation Area. This run makes a perfect day trip with the kids for a beginning wheeler. There are several places to park streamside & picnic for lunch if you desire. Use caution as you cross the streambeds as the rocks can be slippery & offer resistance to traction.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 11:37:07 AM by T-Ray »

Offline AZ-Ted

• AZ-Ted's YouTube Site
Re: Table Mesa East
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 02:55:50 AM »
Table Mesa Rd is exit number 236 on I-17.  The East side of Table Mesa (FR-41) requires an Arizona State Trust Land Permit.  In dry weather, this trail is easy for all 4WDs and passable in high clearance 2WDs.  During/after a rainstorm, parts of this trail can be much more difficult, as there are several different stream/river crossing points.

The eastern end of this trail connects in with FR-24 (Cave Creek Rd) at approximately Mile Marker 16.  Take FR-24 North to head to Sheep's Bridge, or take it south to head to 7 Springs Campground then back to civilization through Carefree and then Cave Creek.
2006 XOR; Titan Swapped; Fully Shrocked, etc., etc.
2013 Titan Pro4X:  A.R.E. "Z" series truck cap

SUNSET

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 01:07:42 AM »
This is a long shot, but if there is anyone who can show me the ropes on this trail and is available to run during the afternoons, sometime between 11 AM-4 PM or so, please let me know.

I occasionally have time in the afternoons and would love to do some easy beginner runs with someone more experienced than me.

Offline jddirty

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 08:31:19 AM »
Would love too, it is a fun trail with some great scenery and a few obstacles, this is the first trail i ran in my wife's x.  All obstacles can be bypassed.  Table Mesa also has alot of trails in a small area ranging from hardcore technical trails to basic dirt roads, that is where i practiced and built my confidence.  I can only forsee one challenge in the fact I work till 5 or 6 most days, weekends I am free however. 

Offline 07offroadx

• At Cliff's edge
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 12:54:02 PM »
Seeing how I don't work anymore I'm free all day everyday. For the most part anyway. Would love to check out that area though once I get my E-locker fixed. Because right now I have no ABS and have been driving cautiously in the rainy weather.
Prepare for the worst; Hope for the best.

SUNSET

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 09:46:52 PM »
Cool!  I am pretty new to offroading but would love to get out there and start playing some.

Hopefully can find some time to head up there sometime soon.   Anyone can feel free to contact me

Offline Freerangechicken

• Noob
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 08:13:52 PM »
Table Mesa East is not passable about 1/2 mile east of the second and final crossing.  There is a huge washout and the old roadbed is gone for a couple of hundred feet.  It appears that maybe some ATVs have pressed on across the river, but I could not see if they re-routed back to the road upstream from the washout.  It was way more than my X could take and I did not want to try it as I did not want to have to call Tweety for a rescue.  Anyone have a backhoe and a weekend?

Offline AZ-Ted

• AZ-Ted's YouTube Site
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 08:05:55 AM »
Table Mesa East is not passable about 1/2 mile east of the second and final crossing.  There is a huge washout and the old roadbed is gone for a couple of hundred feet.  It appears that maybe some ATVs have pressed on across the river, but I could not see if they re-routed back to the road upstream from the washout.  It was way more than my X could take and I did not want to try it as I did not want to have to call Tweety for a rescue.  Anyone have a backhoe and a weekend?

JD Dirty and I ran this last night, and we stopped at the same exact point.  It did look like some may have tried to drop down into the water (to go around the washed out road), but we didn't tempt fate.  I agree, heavy equipment would be needed to fix the road.

Offline Freerangechicken

• Noob
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 06:39:38 PM »
"JD Dirty and I ran this last night, and we stopped at the same exact point.  It did look like some may have tried to drop down into the water (to go around the washed out road), but we didn't tempt fate.  I agree, heavy equipment would be needed to fix the road."

Margie and me met a couple on a small quad on the way out and we gave them my cell in case they got hung up.  They made it all the way to 24 and back out the same way.  The road is passable for some, but a bit more than I want to bite off.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 07:02:55 PM by Freerangechicken »

Offline AZ-Ted

• AZ-Ted's YouTube Site
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 06:56:09 AM »
JD texted me last night, and said that the Forest Service has temporarily closed FR41 to vehicle traffic (from the intersection of FR37 all the way to where it meets up to FR24).  I did a Google search this morning, and found this link to the FS closure order:
http://www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/tonto/alerts-notices/?aid=25171

I have attached their .pdf doc that explains the closure order and provides a basic map of the closure.

The closure will remain in effect until the beginning of April.  Sometimes the FS folks attend the cleanups, so if they are at this weekend's TM cleanup, I'll ask them about it.

Offline AZ-Ted

• AZ-Ted's YouTube Site
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2015, 09:48:32 PM »
Just wanted to give an update:  FR41 (Table Mesa Rd EAST of I-17) is open again.  They have graded the road, and it is once again passable all the way to FR24 (Cave Creek Rd).  I took a ride out there with the quad this weekend, and it was fast and smooth.  Definitely passable in 2WD right now.

NOTE:  Road conditions can change with each passing rainstorm.  In wet conditions, this trail gets very slick / muddy and is not advisable for 2WD travel (sometimes not even 4WD).

Offline Stoic V

• Supporting Member
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2015, 05:13:54 AM »
Thanks for the update.  I always forget I need that permit when I get to the first fence.

Is it possible for someone  to edit the first post in this thread to mention the  Arizona State Trust Land Permit, and maybe add a link to the site to buy them? I know the information is in the second post. Its just nice to read all relevant information in one post.
https://land.az.gov/natural-resources/recreational-permits