AZ Trail Info > Easy Trails 1.0-2.0

Table Mesa East

<< < (2/3) > >>

SUNSET:
Cool!  I am pretty new to offroading but would love to get out there and start playing some.

Hopefully can find some time to head up there sometime soon.   Anyone can feel free to contact me

Freerangechicken:
Table Mesa East is not passable about 1/2 mile east of the second and final crossing.  There is a huge washout and the old roadbed is gone for a couple of hundred feet.  It appears that maybe some ATVs have pressed on across the river, but I could not see if they re-routed back to the road upstream from the washout.  It was way more than my X could take and I did not want to try it as I did not want to have to call Tweety for a rescue.  Anyone have a backhoe and a weekend?

AZ-Ted:

--- Quote from: Freerangechicken on February 02, 2015, 08:13:52 PM ---Table Mesa East is not passable about 1/2 mile east of the second and final crossing.  There is a huge washout and the old roadbed is gone for a couple of hundred feet.  It appears that maybe some ATVs have pressed on across the river, but I could not see if they re-routed back to the road upstream from the washout.  It was way more than my X could take and I did not want to try it as I did not want to have to call Tweety for a rescue.  Anyone have a backhoe and a weekend?

--- End quote ---

JD Dirty and I ran this last night, and we stopped at the same exact point.  It did look like some may have tried to drop down into the water (to go around the washed out road), but we didn't tempt fate.  I agree, heavy equipment would be needed to fix the road.

Freerangechicken:
"JD Dirty and I ran this last night, and we stopped at the same exact point.  It did look like some may have tried to drop down into the water (to go around the washed out road), but we didn't tempt fate.  I agree, heavy equipment would be needed to fix the road."

Margie and me met a couple on a small quad on the way out and we gave them my cell in case they got hung up.  They made it all the way to 24 and back out the same way.  The road is passable for some, but a bit more than I want to bite off.

AZ-Ted:
JD texted me last night, and said that the Forest Service has temporarily closed FR41 to vehicle traffic (from the intersection of FR37 all the way to where it meets up to FR24).  I did a Google search this morning, and found this link to the FS closure order:
http://www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/tonto/alerts-notices/?aid=25171

I have attached their .pdf doc that explains the closure order and provides a basic map of the closure.

The closure will remain in effect until the beginning of April.  Sometimes the FS folks attend the cleanups, so if they are at this weekend's TM cleanup, I'll ask them about it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version