collapse

Donate

Become a 2017/18 AZXC Supporting Member just Click the Donate button.

* Calendar

November 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

Upcoming Events

* Newest Member

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 21
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
goto AZXC

Go To AZXC

goto AZTC

GoTo AZFC

GoTo AZPC

Forum Chatbox

Refresh History
  • remo1991(Brent): I'm in Tucson always looking for something to do
    November 18, 2017, 07:52:12 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): New Club patches are coming soon...pics just posted! Who wants some?! [link]
    November 17, 2017, 06:37:09 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): There's a few members in Tucson, but not sure what their availability is.
    November 17, 2017, 10:44:00 AM
  • cjohan: anyone in tucson? need to do the bypass but would rather have help then do it myself
    November 15, 2017, 07:43:18 PM
  • HBIII: Thanks, I will check them out
    November 12, 2017, 02:40:02 PM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): Phx rack and axle has lifetime replacement on there rack and pinions.
    November 12, 2017, 10:44:55 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): Sounds like your replacement rack was bad.
    November 12, 2017, 08:28:27 AM
  • HBIII: The assembly is leaking in both sides and the boots on the inner tie rods are both ripped open leading them to believe it is all related. Sorry I'm not the best with suspension knowledge
    November 10, 2017, 03:14:54 PM
  • cjohan: inner tie rods?
    November 10, 2017, 02:18:28 PM
  • HBIII: Inner tie rods
    November 10, 2017, 02:11:18 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): fans are controlled by the coolant temp. When coolant temp is above specified temp the fans will come on.
    November 10, 2017, 01:36:02 PM
  • cjohan: anyone have there fans come on with engine? a/c and heat off
    November 10, 2017, 01:19:49 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): where exactly did it fail?
    November 10, 2017, 12:48:52 PM
  • HBIII: The factory rack failed at 48k miles and now the replacement just failed at 71k miles and I don't know why
    November 10, 2017, 06:41:15 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): Elaborate "eat steering assembly"
    November 10, 2017, 03:53:49 AM
  • HBIII: Preferably in the valley. Thanks
    November 10, 2017, 12:21:39 AM
  • HBIII: Anyone have recommendation for someone that can diagnose an issue causing my X to eat steering assemblies?
    November 10, 2017, 12:20:59 AM
  • Forrest: Charouleau gap is a fun but difficult trail I try to go up there once a month
    November 09, 2017, 07:46:05 AM
  • 14Frontier: I have been up to kiss rock on the gap
    November 07, 2017, 05:37:40 PM
  • remo1991(Brent): Yup fun trail
    November 05, 2017, 07:00:20 AM

Author Topic: AZXC Sticker and Shirts  (Read 4579 times)

Offline AZ-Ted

• AZ-Ted's YouTube Site
AZXC Sticker and Shirts
« on: July 02, 2010, 04:40:20 PM »
Hello AZXC, I was over at Full FX Graphics today picking up some of their stickers when Eddie asked me if I have heard of a club called AZXC.  I said yes, and he told me that he has worked up some designs for t-shirts for that club.  He also has the artwork for the large AZXC sticker.  He apparently was working with Brenda, but hasn't heard from her in awhile.

Not sure if you guys are still interested in stickers and shirts, but if you are, Eddie and Joe at Full FX are great to work with.  They do all the shirts, ladies tanks, and stickers for the club called ONAZ (Offroad Nissans of AZ).  I told Eddie I would post up on AZXC to tell you that they are ready to work with the club.

From my experience, they have high quality stuff, and they have fast turn around times.  If you wanted to get something going, they could easily have it ready before Fat Tire.  Make no mistake, I am not volunteering to do this.  I am merely passing this information on to the club.
2006 XOR; Titan Swapped; Fully Shrocked, etc., etc.
2013 Titan Pro4X:  A.R.E. "Z" series truck cap

Offline AZ-Ted

• AZ-Ted's YouTube Site
Re: AZXC Sticker and Shirts
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 09:18:25 PM »
16 views?  Surely someone has to have an opinion on the subject.  I know that we talked about this at one of our earlier meetings (Feb or Mar?).  What say you?  I don't think we actually have any stickers left, so any new members would be out of luck.  We could go the route of ONAZ, and just let people buy their own stickers directly from Full FX's sister company called Sticker Place (in Metrocenter, and in Arizona Mills), but we would get better pricing if we did a "group buy" if you will.

So, does anyone want to share their thoughts on this topic?

T-Ray

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 09:33:44 PM »
I am 1 of the 16 views, Ted. Sorry for not replying earlier, I know how that is as a topic starter. Anyway...I have the original artwork files for the last run of T-Shirts and the 1st run of stickers that Fast Signs did (VERY high quality), I don't care where or who makes our stickers and shirts. The place that made the last shirts was Sportswear Xpress in the east Valley. I thought they did a fine job, plus the set-up fee has already been paid - meaning the next run (if we go there) will be significantly less expensive per shirt.

I think the 'old' T-shirt design with the 1st Gen & 2nd Gen was pretty baddass. That's my .02.

Offline AZ-Ted

• AZ-Ted's YouTube Site
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 11:44:36 PM »
Agreed the original stickers were badass, as were the shirts.  I was just merely passing along info to the club about what FX Graphics told me.  I was in there talking to them about ONAZ stuff, when they mentioned AZXC.

Not sure how AZXC would go about deciding if/when to get stickers and/or shirts made up now that it is an internet-based club.  I guess all proposals and voting would be done online??

T-Ray

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 07:47:57 AM »
I think that voting would be online in the form of a poll. We can post up images and vote. I have set-up a Paypal account for the club that we could use for people to purchase swag.

mbs00

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 12:19:43 PM »
I like the design we have now for the shirts and stickers. I think for the stickers it would be better to keep the same design so we don't have some people with one design and some with another

Does anybody know how much it was for shirts and stickers to be made.

T-Ray

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 12:56:50 PM »
I agree 110% with the stickers not changing. They look good and a lot of time/debating was spent getting that design finalized. As for shirts, I know a new design was propsed at the Macayo's meeting a few months back. This is the old design for the back of the shirts. The front was the same as the sticker on the left chest area. As for cost, I can find out what a run of shirts would cost from Sportswear Xpress and compare it to Full FX prices. They would, of course, be pre-order only...

Anyone have the proposed design from the Macayo's meeting to post up for comparison???

old Back design

old Front left chest design & current sticker
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 12:58:56 PM by T-Ray »

mbs00

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 02:04:37 PM »
I wasnt able to make it to that meeting but I would be interested to see what kind of design was thought up. Even if nobody has the new design I see nothing wrong with the old one

Offline AZ-Ted

• AZ-Ted's YouTube Site
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2010, 03:02:51 PM »
I definitely agree that the sticker should not change.  The current stickers wear really well too, as I've had mine on the truck since the 1st Four Peaks Pickup (Feb. '08).

The only issue I have with the last run of shirts was that the neck opening was  quite large. 

As for designs, if no one has them, I can have Full FX email me what they worked up for Brenda (assuming she's not on this board anymore??).  Just let me know.

mbs00

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2010, 03:17:49 PM »

The only issue I have with the last run of shirts was that the neck opening was  quite large. 

As for designs, if no one has them, I can have Full FX email me what they worked up for Brenda (assuming she's not on this board anymore??).  Just let me know.

I don't have a shirt so I do not know about the neck opening

I would be interested to see the other design that was thought up

T-Ray

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2010, 03:28:19 PM »
The neck openign was a little big (and I don't exactly have a small neck). We would go with a different brand/style for sure. I think that one was the best compromise between price & quality. But if we pre-order/pre-pay then we could get something a little better. I like the ONAZ shirts BTW...

Offline Critchley

• Robert James Photography
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2010, 09:21:36 PM »
The old design is cool.  I know that the new design Wally was working on was pretty kick@$$.
"Ashes to ashes, Beer to pee" - Anonymous

2009 OR Night Armor

Offline azbumblebee

• Noob
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 05:44:38 AM »
Well been lurking awhile to see the direction of the club, wasn't really aware of issues between members however I do believe that in the old format no dues not a member.  No Xterra not a member.  Wally and Brenda brought a lot to the club over the years I've been a member so I see no reason we can't as adults just get on with it and have everyone be welcome, Wally's contributions for his shop on meetings and mod days was what made the club.  Now that the format is more of just a forum the only issue is money to donate to the great charities we have supported and to continue to support the events such as 'clean ups'.  Perhaps making dues voluntary and 1/2 as much would still bring in some revenue as well as selling the shirts and stickers (some without logo to sell to out of state owners viewing our site).  Hopefully with all the great people, equipment and knowledge we all possess the forum will provide pics and fun following the diversity of equipment and runs.  Hopefully being the only club which had this entertainment aspect we can have lurkers hit our site thereby selling add space could be made desireable to vendors by showing the number of hits.  I've always liked having any offroader on runs so now the planning can be just having our best yearly events planned ahead for the year ie;  4-peaks & table mesa cleanups, chili cook off, fat tire, Christmas run and somewhere in there a meet & greet at the pavillions sat show and a rod type run thru scenic areas to draw some people with Xterras not interested in off road.  Another event could be a 'Sedonafest' for the rest where real sponsors and money can help create funds.  Not looking to debate just want to have everyone get together for our hobby.  Keep posting up pics the non members will come to see what we have here in Az and the best trucks of any region.  T-shirts and stickers are great, agree on the t-shirt necks.  This is a lot longer than I intended please move to another section if this was out of line.  Thanks  Harry

Offline AZ-Ted

• AZ-Ted's YouTube Site
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2010, 07:46:09 PM »
Great Post Harry!  Thanks for your insight.  I definitely think the idea of a few main Xcursions during the year works well - with the idea that members will organize their own outings to fill in the blank spots in the calendar.

Some people have mentioned selling ad space on the forum as a way to generate funds, but we only have like 80 users, and probably only 20 or so are active users.  We just aren't big enough for the advertisers to care.

As far as dues are concerned, I'm leaning toward the concept of offering "supporting memberships" much like they do on thenewX.org (and other sites, too).  The question becomes, what do we do with the funds that are donated?  Obviously, some of that money needs to get earmarked to paying for the domain name and the website hosting (we still have three years left, IIRC).  Some of that money could get earmarked for some of the official Xcursions - in the past, we have used funds to donate to the 4 Peaks Pickup (we bought the condiments one year), and also to the Fat Tire run.  The remaining funds could be used to hype our club - advertising, contact cards, flyers, etc.  Long-term, the club will not last without bringing in new members.

T-Ray

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2010, 07:49:45 PM »
^^^pretty much what dues have always gone towards for as  long as I have been involved with AZXC. Also posted here (last post):

http://azxterraclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=403.30

As far as advertisers caring or not caring - never hurts to ask. The worst they can do is say 'NO'. I believe Xoskel may be interested as well as others. We certainly wouldn't charge the obscene rates that thenewx.org charges. We may only have 90 regsitered members, but the amount of 'guests' everyday from different IP address is impressive (at least to me). I am not sure on the hits our site gets everyday - maybe Adam can chime in on that.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 07:54:37 PM by T-Ray »