AZ Trail Info > Moderate Trails 2.5-3.5

Soldier's Pass

(1/1)

T-Ray:
Rating: 2.5
Vehicle Requirements; 4x4, 31" tires, some suspension lift

Great little quick trail in Sedona. Check out Devil's Kitchen sinkhole and the 7 pools. Small groups are best as there is little parking areas & turning around can be difficult.

Can easily be run in a stock 4x4 Xterra with good driving. Should take no more than 1 hour to run, not including stopping for pictures & such.

AZ-Ted:
This trail can get busy, so I say go early, and/or go in small groups (3-5 trucks max).  It's a very short trail, but the sink hole and the views are really cool.  I always run this when I'm up in Sedona, as it can be easily tacked on to any other runs without too much extra time.

AZ-Ted:
The USFS has started the process to close the Soldier Pass trail to the motorized public.  They will, however, continue to allow Red Rock Western Jeep Tours to operate their for-profit guided tours on the trail.  There is a 45-day Objection period, but after that, it could legally be closed as soon as 5 business days after the Objection period ends.

If you haven't ran this 4x4 trail yet, or haven't ran it in awhile, you'll want to run it soon - before the closure.

Hammer (Avi):
Someone posted on thenewx that they just tried to run it and it was already closed.  A petition to keep it open is online Here

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version