collapse

Donate

Become a 2017/18 AZXC Supporting Member just Click the Donate button.

* Calendar

November 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

Upcoming Events

* Newest Member

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 22
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
goto AZXC

Go To AZXC

goto AZTC

GoTo AZFC

GoTo AZPC

Forum Chatbox

Refresh History
  • remo1991(Brent): I'm in Tucson always looking for something to do
    November 18, 2017, 07:52:12 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): New Club patches are coming soon...pics just posted! Who wants some?! [link]
    November 17, 2017, 06:37:09 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): There's a few members in Tucson, but not sure what their availability is.
    November 17, 2017, 10:44:00 AM
  • cjohan: anyone in tucson? need to do the bypass but would rather have help then do it myself
    November 15, 2017, 07:43:18 PM
  • HBIII: Thanks, I will check them out
    November 12, 2017, 02:40:02 PM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): Phx rack and axle has lifetime replacement on there rack and pinions.
    November 12, 2017, 10:44:55 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): Sounds like your replacement rack was bad.
    November 12, 2017, 08:28:27 AM
  • HBIII: The assembly is leaking in both sides and the boots on the inner tie rods are both ripped open leading them to believe it is all related. Sorry I'm not the best with suspension knowledge
    November 10, 2017, 03:14:54 PM
  • cjohan: inner tie rods?
    November 10, 2017, 02:18:28 PM
  • HBIII: Inner tie rods
    November 10, 2017, 02:11:18 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): fans are controlled by the coolant temp. When coolant temp is above specified temp the fans will come on.
    November 10, 2017, 01:36:02 PM
  • cjohan: anyone have there fans come on with engine? a/c and heat off
    November 10, 2017, 01:19:49 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): where exactly did it fail?
    November 10, 2017, 12:48:52 PM
  • HBIII: The factory rack failed at 48k miles and now the replacement just failed at 71k miles and I don't know why
    November 10, 2017, 06:41:15 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): Elaborate "eat steering assembly"
    November 10, 2017, 03:53:49 AM
  • HBIII: Preferably in the valley. Thanks
    November 10, 2017, 12:21:39 AM
  • HBIII: Anyone have recommendation for someone that can diagnose an issue causing my X to eat steering assemblies?
    November 10, 2017, 12:20:59 AM
  • Forrest: Charouleau gap is a fun but difficult trail I try to go up there once a month
    November 09, 2017, 07:46:05 AM
  • 14Frontier: I have been up to kiss rock on the gap
    November 07, 2017, 05:37:40 PM
  • remo1991(Brent): Yup fun trail
    November 05, 2017, 07:00:20 AM

Author Topic: TOYS FOR TOTS Official Xcursion Thread Aug 6th-8th  (Read 7377 times)

Stone

TOYS FOR TOTS Official Xcursion Thread Aug 6th-8th
« on: July 13, 2010, 12:10:00 PM »
Need an updated roll call.  Spouses too.  THere will help need this year at end camp if anyone is interested.  I'll be there helping with the cooking...

Added by Conundrum: Stone, let me know if anything needs changed or you should be able to change this post as needed.

DIRECTIONS FOR FIRST TIMERS

Fill up your GAS TANK in Flagstaff

Start Camp

HWY 180 North (NW) out of Flagstaff. It's about 7 miles to the turn off on your left (FR 222).

It is just after a long straight portion of road as you pass Fort Valley and the last of the houses and just past a street that is Bader on the left and Roundtree on the right.

If you pass FR 151 on your right you went to far.

You should also see a bright yellow sign with red letters that say Toys For Tots etc. at FR 222. Or you can look on a map for HWY 180 and 222. There is a sign post there that will have glow sticks on it from dusk to whenever.

So it's like a mile a so down FR 222 and there is camp.

If you get there after sundown PLEASE BE QUIET. The party is the next night.

If you want to go to end camp and come back EARLY in the morning, PLEASE CHECK IN WITH ME at start camp.
Those directions are

Hwy 180 to Hwy 64, North (right) on 64 for aboput 22.5 miles.

Right on FR 302 There is a "scenic view" sign right before the turnoff.

Fr 302 about 9 miles to a fork with 301A

Right on 301A 1-1.5 miles to camp.

All folks going to end camp must be at SAG 1 BY 7 a.m.

YOU WILL NEED

Dinner Friday night.

Saturday Breakfast and lunch, water etc.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE remember that you are there solely to assist riders. DO NOT DRIVE your truck when there are riders present, pull over and wait AND DON'T TAILGATE riders.

I would venture that they would like SOBER PEOPLE driving riders, because if you are driving riders it probably means it's raining and muddy.

You are part of a great event that RAISES MONEY for TOYS for TOTS (Fat Tire is just a sponsor)and I and the Dirty Girls thank you for YOUR SUPPORT!!

Added by Conundrum: It has been noted that there will be a strict dog on leash policy this year so if you don't have to bring the pooch, they might be happier at home.

Added by Conundrum:
This year's event will be held Friday Aug 6th through Sunday the 8th.

Toys for Tot's with the generous sponsorship of Fat Tire Beer is holding it's annual fundraser with a 65 butt-pounding mile crosscountry bike ride.

AZXC as well as Swanky participate in support of this event by being staged along the course to help any rider who may need it.

This year could be the one to prove muddy, so be prepared for passengers and their bikes, etc. Be prepared for rain, etc.

It'll be a ton of fun so hope everyone can make it. Please plan to buy plenty of raffle tickets, or help with the group donation that we'll be gathering. Last year we were able to collect about $1,000 bucks to give. Every little bit counts. We do have the Paypal account up and running at payments@azxterraclub.com, but there is of course a fee for the service.

There will be additional details of where we'll be located as the event nears. Please Post in a new Thread your plans for caravaning up so you don't have to travel alone. I'll be going up Friday to arrive hopefully before dark. I'll post more of my plans in a separate thread when I've nailed them down and anyone is welcome to accompany us if you don't mind arriving with a Jeep. Had to toss that in there Scott. :) lol

That's all for now, thanks!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 09:08:12 PM by Conundrum »

Offline AZ-Ted

• AZ-Ted's YouTube Site
Re: TOYS FOR TOTS
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 12:47:04 PM »
I'm still in.  I'm bringing my dog this year.  As a result, I will not be able to help out at end camp.
2006 XOR; Titan Swapped; Fully Shrocked, etc., etc.
2013 Titan Pro4X:  A.R.E. "Z" series truck cap

mbs00

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 02:05:23 PM »
Brittany and I are going

T-Ray

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 09:04:42 PM »
me being around food and beer is probably not a good idea. LOL

Ah hell...you don't ever drink beer @ Fat Tire   ;)  You're always the 1st one up Sunday morning bright-eyed and bushy tailed.

RRRIIIIIIGGGGHHHTTT.... :P

Offline Xtasy

• Noob
Re: TOYS FOR TOTS Official Xcursion Thread Aug 6th-8th
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 11:01:25 AM »
I'm in for the 2 (got a friend who's going to sit on the trail with me and drink beer all day). Can I get a DUI out here?

Will also probably go up Friday prevening and stay through Sunday morning ('cause I'm going to partake in the festivities Saturday night). Plan on camping. Can't wait.
Life is the Journey! Death is the Destination!

2xplore

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 05:46:44 PM »

Adam at Fat Tire 07

« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 05:48:39 PM by 2xplore »

Offline RiNkY

• Mah Facebooks page
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 09:02:51 PM »
It's gonna be a real last minute decision for me I'm afraid.  Will depend how the 6 month pregnant wife is feelin that weekend as to if I will be able to go up with my daughter or not at all.  Wifey doesn't wanna be subjected to torture by seeing all that beer and not being able to drink it :)
----------------------------------
Rog

Was - 2000 Xterra 4x2
Was - 2005 Xterra OR 4x4
Now - 2013 Subaru Outback

Offline Xtasy

• Noob
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 10:28:49 AM »
Nice Floss Adam!
Life is the Journey! Death is the Destination!

PHXX

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 09:08:32 AM »
Hey boys and girls!    I'll be attending this year too, so count me in!  I plan on camping at the beginning of the course again this year night 1, then end camp night 2.  I can't WAIT!

*EDIT:  Just heard from Jason (jasonazx) and he too will be showing up with the 80 series.   - Rock On -
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 12:38:24 PM by PHXX »

defibvt

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2010, 09:25:09 AM »
It will be good to see you Preston. :)

PHXX

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2010, 09:50:54 AM »
Yeah, the same location as last year worked out pretty good.  Just before the Start Camp, on the south side of the road.  So far the plan is to arrive in Flagstaff in time for lunch downtown, then to mosey up to camp shortly after.  So it's likely we'll be first on the scene again this year. 

jasonazx

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2010, 06:45:40 PM »
Hey boys and girls!    I'll be attending this year too, so count me in!  I plan on camping at the beginning of the course again this year night 1, then end camp night 2.  I can't WAIT!

*EDIT:  Just heard from Jason (jasonazx) and he too will be showing up with the 80 series.   - Rock On -

Like Preston said, I will be heading up as long as nobody minds a Landcruiser in camp...

defibvt

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010, 08:17:50 AM »

Like Preston said, I will be heading up as long as nobody minds a Landcruiser in camp...

I will be in a Jeep.  I think you will be fine.

Stone

Re: TOYS FOR TOTS Official Xcursion Thread Aug 6th-8th NO DOGS
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2010, 03:11:24 PM »
The organizers who appreciate all of our help so very much always have a request or two.

This year they made a point to remind us of the dog rule that all dogs MUST BE LEASHED AT ALL TIMES.    I love to take my dogs camping and wheeling you all know this, but I never take them to this.  I'm busy all day and it isn't fair to my dogs.  Also since not all of our dogs get along I am going to ask that you not bring your dogs if possible.

If you bring them expect to have them on a leash at all times, please don't make me be an ass about your dog while we serve in a charity capacity for a great organization.

Thanks and I hope all my fellow dog lovers understand.

T-Ray

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2010, 06:43:45 PM »
Noted, thank you M.  :)