collapse

Donate

Become a 2017/18 AZXC Supporting Member just Click the Donate button.

* Calendar

December 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Upcoming Events

* Newest Member

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 24
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
goto AZXC

Go To AZXC

goto AZTC

GoTo AZFC

GoTo AZPC

Forum Chatbox

Refresh History
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Seems like a good deal not sure if it is some one on here: [link]
    Yesterday at 11:53:37 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): Definitely breaker bar...
    Yesterday at 08:27:59 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): No, Thats best acomplished with a breaaker bar and a wrench.
    December 14, 2017, 09:02:10 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: You think it will bust the lower shock bolts loose?
    December 14, 2017, 08:51:05 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): I have a 3/8 drive Milwaukee cordless impact
    December 14, 2017, 08:47:31 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: @PitSnipe what size is your?
    December 14, 2017, 08:46:22 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): cant help ya there.
    December 14, 2017, 08:29:38 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: @PitSnipe prefer 1/2 as I wanna do the suspension on the truck. But if  3/8 will work...
    December 14, 2017, 08:14:55 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): 3/8 or 1/2 ?
    December 14, 2017, 05:45:19 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Anyone have a good cordless impact gun I could borrow for a few days?
    December 14, 2017, 01:59:48 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Happy Holidays!
    December 13, 2017, 09:56:41 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Post up if you can meet up at Coffee & Crawlers tomorrow! Don't forget a new unwrapped toy to enter special drawing.
    December 08, 2017, 06:02:36 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Has anyone done the Diamond Creek Road to the bottom of the Grand Canyon?
    December 05, 2017, 08:52:10 AM
  • XterrasNameIsMolly (Justin): I have nothing to do, but I would be happy to assist / host a mod day if interested (south phoenix)
    December 05, 2017, 08:47:14 AM
  • DBAX: Picked up a pop up camper (used) this weekend, thinking an axle flip will be a good thing. Also thinking, I've never flipped an axle..
    December 04, 2017, 01:28:38 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: I would be interested in a mod day and helping others. I have some Pro 4x suspension that needs to go in...
    December 04, 2017, 08:15:24 AM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): I can try hosting a mod day in the east valley if we have some interested to help out
    December 01, 2017, 09:59:52 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): As soon as i get my bolts i can have a mod day
    December 01, 2017, 02:23:19 PM
  • m.sainz12: also whens the next mod day
    November 30, 2017, 05:48:21 PM
  • m.sainz12: no not yet! he wont text me back :(
    November 30, 2017, 05:48:03 PM

Author Topic: Saguaro Lake Coves  (Read 22249 times)

T-Ray

Saguaro Lake Coves
« on: August 02, 2010, 12:31:43 PM »
Rating: 2.5
Vehicle Requirements: a stock 4WD Xterra can make it with good driving. Aggressive tires and some suspension lift is recommended though.  8)

The Coves is a a huge area of many many trails out by Saguaro Lake. It is made up of a series of washes and ridges that border the lake. Fun area to play around, test out new mods, take pictures, and hang by the lake. Most trails are easy, but some of the hill climbs can be chalenging and provide a decent pucker factor.

Offline AZ-Ted

• AZ-Ted's YouTube Site
Re: Saguaro Lake Coves
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 03:18:24 AM »
The Coves can be a really fun place to wheel / learn what your vehicle is capable of.  But, please take at least one more vehicle with you, and preferably go with someone who knows the area.  There are so many trails out there that it can be easily to lose your way if you are not familiar with the trails.  Also, there are some tippy spots that can give you trouble if you are not prepared for them.

To get there:  Take SR-87 (aka Beeline Highway) to Bush Highway.  Go East on Bush Highway a few miles until you see the turn off for Butcher Jones - this road dead ends at a big parking lot near Saguaro Lake.  Continue about 3/4 of the way through the parking lot until you see a Green Gate on the right hand side.  Go through the Green Gate and cross over the cattle guard.  You will now be in the wash.  Air your tires down (personally, I like 20 PSI), and get ready to have some fun.

There are many coves out at Saguaro Lake, and I've been to the first 5 coves in my Xterra.  Some people choose to go to the first three coves and then turn around.  Others choose to go to the 5th cove, and then head north along the fenceline.  That trail will take you to 4 Peaks Road.
2006 XOR; Titan Swapped; Fully Shrocked, etc., etc.
2013 Titan Pro4X:  A.R.E. "Z" series truck cap

stickywater

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 12:38:03 AM »
Do you think 2WD will make it ok to the first cove??

Offline AZ-Ted

• AZ-Ted's YouTube Site
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 10:59:27 AM »
Do you think 2WD will make it ok to the first cove??

It depends on the amount of sand in the washes.  I've pulled out quite a few 2WDs in the wash on the way to the first cove.  Bring a tow strap, and a friend with a 4x4.

stickywater

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 08:50:05 PM »
awesome, thanks for the info!

Offline Brannick

• Noob
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 08:59:16 PM »
Hi,

I went out here for the first time the other day. Didn't explore too much out of fear of getting really lost. Are there any maps of the trails available anywhere?

Haof

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 02:14:58 PM »
Didn't explore too much out of fear of getting really lost. Are there any maps of the trails available anywhere?

No maps that I know of, the more you go out the more you get to know it. Some of the roads were re-graded a few months ago but with rains (people making ruts in the mud) they are not as easy as they were but you can still get by almost any hill if you find the right road up. I drive in 2WD for most of the time I am out there and rarely have to use my locker (unless I want to have fun). I am out in this area often, and during jet ski season you can catch me at the marina at least once a week (normally Monday's after work).

Offline AZ-Ted

• AZ-Ted's YouTube Site
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 04:40:39 PM »
Hi,

I went out here for the first time the other day. Didn't explore too much out of fear of getting really lost. Are there any maps of the trails available anywhere?

The area comes under the jurisdiction of the Tonto National Forest.  They have detailed maps for sale, but I found a link to a general map of the area (the area between Saguaro Lake and 4 Peaks):  http://www.azgfd.gov/outdoor_recreation/arizona_ohv_trails_places.shtml

EDIT:  click on the link and then scroll down quite a bit until you get to the "Rolls OHV" Area.  The map for the Rolls OHV also covers the Saguaro Lake area.  This isn't super detailed, but at least, it is something...
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 04:42:35 PM by AZ-Ted »

Offline Brannick

• Noob
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 10:52:27 AM »
Hi,

The area comes under the jurisdiction of the Tonto National Forest.  They have detailed maps for sale, but I found a link to a general map of the area (the area between Saguaro Lake and 4 Peaks):  http://www.azgfd.gov/outdoor_recreation/arizona_ohv_trails_places.shtml

EDIT:  click on the link and then scroll down quite a bit until you get to the "Rolls OHV" Area.  The map for the Rolls OHV also covers the Saguaro Lake area.  This isn't super detailed, but at least, it is something...

Thanks. This is exactly what I've been looking for. Got a little lost when I finally went exploring. Entered at Butcher Jones and Came out at 4 peaks after some assistance.

Offline Crakerjack

• Noob
    • jambork9s
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 12:21:52 PM »
I was just out there last weekend, beautiful trails to play on. Back in 05 I had a Pro-4x Frontier I took out there, now that I have the Pro-4x Xterra I had to go back!

If you knew you would be in a fight for your life tomorrow, would it change the way you trained today?

Offline Thupertrooper (Victor)

• AZXC Event Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2016, 03:05:11 PM »
Nice area to 4wheel that my area to test out stuff

Copyright ©2015 Arizona Xterra Club The Nissan names, logos and slogans are registered trademarks of Nissan Motor Co. Ltd and is no way affiliated with this site. All posts are the property of the posters and are not the responsibility of the Arizona Xterra Club, it's affiliates, web hosts or associated companies.