AZ Trail Info > Moderate Trails 2.5-3.5

Saguaro Lake Coves

<< < (2/3) > >>

Brannick:
Hi,

I went out here for the first time the other day. Didn't explore too much out of fear of getting really lost. Are there any maps of the trails available anywhere?

Haof:

--- Quote ---Didn't explore too much out of fear of getting really lost. Are there any maps of the trails available anywhere?
--- End quote ---

No maps that I know of, the more you go out the more you get to know it. Some of the roads were re-graded a few months ago but with rains (people making ruts in the mud) they are not as easy as they were but you can still get by almost any hill if you find the right road up. I drive in 2WD for most of the time I am out there and rarely have to use my locker (unless I want to have fun). I am out in this area often, and during jet ski season you can catch me at the marina at least once a week (normally Monday's after work).

AZ-Ted:

--- Quote from: Brannick on February 16, 2015, 08:59:16 PM ---Hi,

I went out here for the first time the other day. Didn't explore too much out of fear of getting really lost. Are there any maps of the trails available anywhere?

--- End quote ---

The area comes under the jurisdiction of the Tonto National Forest.  They have detailed maps for sale, but I found a link to a general map of the area (the area between Saguaro Lake and 4 Peaks):  http://www.azgfd.gov/outdoor_recreation/arizona_ohv_trails_places.shtml

EDIT:  click on the link and then scroll down quite a bit until you get to the "Rolls OHV" Area.  The map for the Rolls OHV also covers the Saguaro Lake area.  This isn't super detailed, but at least, it is something...

Brannick:

--- Quote from: AZ-Ted on March 18, 2015, 04:40:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: Brannick on February 16, 2015, 08:59:16 PM ---Hi,

--- End quote ---

The area comes under the jurisdiction of the Tonto National Forest.  They have detailed maps for sale, but I found a link to a general map of the area (the area between Saguaro Lake and 4 Peaks):  http://www.azgfd.gov/outdoor_recreation/arizona_ohv_trails_places.shtml

EDIT:  click on the link and then scroll down quite a bit until you get to the "Rolls OHV" Area.  The map for the Rolls OHV also covers the Saguaro Lake area.  This isn't super detailed, but at least, it is something...

--- End quote ---

Thanks. This is exactly what I've been looking for. Got a little lost when I finally went exploring. Entered at Butcher Jones and Came out at 4 peaks after some assistance.

Crakerjack:
I was just out there last weekend, beautiful trails to play on. Back in 05 I had a Pro-4x Frontier I took out there, now that I have the Pro-4x Xterra I had to go back!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version