General Discussion > Welcome New Members

New Guy In Town

(1/2) > >>

hazardchild69:
Hey guys, my name's Shinji Carmichael and I just recently moved out here to Tucson from the NJ/NY area.  I just finished up school up at the Rochester Institute of Technology with a Mechanical Engineering Technology degree(if you guys know anyone hiring or looking for a hard working intern let me know :) ) and was a member of NEXTERRA up there and have surfed XOC from time to time.  I drive a black 2002 Xterra 4wd with a pml with a full custom dual exhaust, 32" Trxus MT's for now(getting new Mickey Thompson MTZ's put on tomorrow).  Should be pretty easy to spot me since i still have Jersey plates on.  Looking forward to meeting up with you guys for some trail rides in the near future.

T-Ray:
Welcome! I'm always happy to have another 1st Gen Xterra that wheels in AZ. If you're ever up here in the Phoenix area, LMK and we'll hit some trails. Check out the 'AZ Trails' section.

Matsayz:
hey welcome! there are more and more members showing up in Tucson. i'll be back in December and you might see me running around town then.

AZ-Ted:
Welcome Shinji!  I graduated from RIT in '94 (BS, Finance).  Engineering in the valley?  You shouldn't have a problem finding a job - most likely for a defense contractor (there are quite a few in the valley).

hazardchild69:
thanks for the warm welcome guys :)

yea I've been tossing out resumes left and right but almost every job wants 5+ years of experience which being fresh out of college I've only managed to get about a year's worth of experience so I've been trying the "I'll work for you for free as an intern" route too.  Nothing as of yet but Raytheon just got a big contract so hopefully I can get something lined up there but yea it's only been a month or two since I've really been pushing for jobs, may just start doing some walk-ins (I hate online job applications).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version