Club Information > Flagstaff to the Grand Canyon

Fat Tire Toys for Tots August 6th 2011

(1/16) > >>

Stone:
Save the date (weekend)...  August 6th 2011.  Same location etc.  As every year we count on all of you guys and gals to help out the Toys for Tots and Marine League Charities...

More to come...

*UPDATE*

DIRECTIONS FOR FIRST TIMERS

Fill up your GAS TANK in Flagstaff

Directions to Start Camp

HWY 180 North (NW) out of Flagstaff. It's about 7 miles to the turn off on your left (FR 222).

It is just after a long straight portion of road as you pass Fort Valley and the last of the houses and just past a street that is Bader on the left and Roundtree on the right.

If you pass FR 151 on your right you went to far.

You should also see a bright yellow sign with red letters that say Toys For Tots etc. at FR 222. Or you can look on a map for HWY 180 and 222. There is a sign post there that will have glow sticks on it from dusk to whenever.

So it's like a mile a so down FR 222 and there is camp.

If you get there after sundown PLEASE BE QUIET. The party is the next night.

End camp directions are :

Hwy 180 to Hwy 64, North (right) on 64 for aboput 22.5 miles.

Right on FR 302 There is a "scenic view" sign right before the turnoff.

Fr 302 about 9 miles to a fork with 301A

Right on 301A 1-1.5 miles to camp.

YOU WILL NEED

Dinner Friday night.

Saturday Breakfast and lunch, water etc. keep in mind we'll be out on the trail at lunchtime.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE remember that you are there solely to assist riders. DO NOT DRIVE your truck when there are riders present, pull over and wait AND DON'T TAILGATE riders.

I would venture that they would like SOBER PEOPLE driving riders, because if you are driving riders it probably means it's raining and muddy.

You are part of a great event that RAISES MONEY for TOYS for TOTS (Fat Tire is just a sponser)and I and the Dirty Girls thank you for YOUR SUPPORT!!

Critchley:
YES!!!!  I actually just requested all Friday's in the month of August off  just to make sure that I will be able to make this.

Can't wait!!!

T-Ray:
We'll be there....rain or shine (hopefully no rain this year).

AZ-Ted:
I'm in.  Planning on camping at end camp both nights.  Might even stay an extra night up north.

Stone:
bump bump bump

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version