collapse

Donate

Become a 2017/18 AZXC Supporting Member just Click the Donate button.

* Calendar

December 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

Upcoming Events

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Newest Member

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 20
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
goto AZXC

Go To AZXC

goto AZTC

GoTo AZFC

GoTo AZPC

Forum Chatbox

Refresh History
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): No, Thats best acomplished with a breaaker bar and a wrench.
    Today at 09:02:10 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: You think it will bust the lower shock bolts loose?
    Today at 08:51:05 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): I have a 3/8 drive Milwaukee cordless impact
    Today at 08:47:31 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: @PitSnipe what size is your?
    Today at 08:46:22 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): cant help ya there.
    Today at 08:29:38 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: @PitSnipe prefer 1/2 as I wanna do the suspension on the truck. But if  3/8 will work...
    Today at 08:14:55 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): 3/8 or 1/2 ?
    Today at 05:45:19 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Anyone have a good cordless impact gun I could borrow for a few days?
    Today at 01:59:48 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Happy Holidays!
    Yesterday at 09:56:41 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Post up if you can meet up at Coffee & Crawlers tomorrow! Don't forget a new unwrapped toy to enter special drawing.
    December 08, 2017, 06:02:36 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Has anyone done the Diamond Creek Road to the bottom of the Grand Canyon?
    December 05, 2017, 08:52:10 AM
  • XterrasNameIsMolly (Justin): I have nothing to do, but I would be happy to assist / host a mod day if interested (south phoenix)
    December 05, 2017, 08:47:14 AM
  • DBAX: Picked up a pop up camper (used) this weekend, thinking an axle flip will be a good thing. Also thinking, I've never flipped an axle..
    December 04, 2017, 01:28:38 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: I would be interested in a mod day and helping others. I have some Pro 4x suspension that needs to go in...
    December 04, 2017, 08:15:24 AM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): I can try hosting a mod day in the east valley if we have some interested to help out
    December 01, 2017, 09:59:52 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): As soon as i get my bolts i can have a mod day
    December 01, 2017, 02:23:19 PM
  • m.sainz12: also whens the next mod day
    November 30, 2017, 05:48:21 PM
  • m.sainz12: no not yet! he wont text me back :(
    November 30, 2017, 05:48:03 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Soon I will have all I need for a 2" body lift!
    November 29, 2017, 07:34:36 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): M.sainz12 you get your hat from Stephen yet?! lol
    November 28, 2017, 07:34:42 AM

Author Topic: What have you done to your AZXC "X" today?  (Read 73695 times)

Offline AZGeorge

• Supporting Member
Re: What have you done to your AZXC "X" today?
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2016, 06:50:50 AM »
That's the next step :)

Right now I just have the valves forward of the rear wheels and I carry a couple compressors with me.
2015 Pro-4X with solar panel and inverters.  Skid plates.  Sasa Sliders. 2" rear lift.  ARB front bumper+10K winch.  OME front suspension. Front bumper camera.  Molle panels.
>>>>>TotM: 07/16 03/17 10/17 <<<<<

Offline Ghostrider

• Supporting Member
  • Red Rock Spirit
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2016, 06:40:23 PM »
Installed the fuel tank Skid  plate and added a pull point.  My jeep friend were kidding me and saying its a "Jeep recovery Point " I could only .grin and bear it since they were helping me out.

Its about 1 inch below the bumper but  it works and I will replace my tires with something more appropriate  for the dirt.

Now I am in search of a 3 in wide clevis. The hook up point is a little wider than your standard Clevis
Mark Costa

Offline DBAX

« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2016, 08:17:42 AM »
Hi George
Your build and installation of equipment are impressive. However, I had a thought pertaining to the placement of the valves on the mud flaps-

You may never leave the pavement, or traverse a boulder field, in which case having mud flaps is a nice thought. However, most X' remove them entirely to prevent them from being torn away on terrain. I'd hate to see not just your mud flaps, but also the air valves you've installed ruined in such a case.. Just my $.02
 Cheers
I got your "Jeep thing", now it burns when I pee..

Offline Ghostrider

• Supporting Member
  • Red Rock Spirit
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2016, 04:43:27 PM »
Nice
Mark Costa

Offline AZGeorge

• Supporting Member
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2016, 09:23:34 PM »
Hi George
Your build and installation of equipment are impressive. However, I had a thought pertaining to the placement of the valves on the mud flaps-

You may never leave the pavement, or traverse a boulder field, in which case having mud flaps is a nice thought. However, most X' remove them entirely to prevent them from being torn away on terrain. I'd hate to see not just your mud flaps, but also the air valves you've installed ruined in such a case.. Just my $.02
 Cheers

I actually considered that :)  The mud flap (and valve) is above the step rail (soon to be rock sliders).  Also, this is an interim step - installing an air tank and air compressor is next, and the valves will be removed.

Thanks for the feedback!

George

2015 Pro-4X with solar panel and inverters.  Skid plates.  Sasa Sliders. 2" rear lift.  ARB front bumper+10K winch.  OME front suspension. Front bumper camera.  Molle panels.

Offline AZGeorge

• Supporting Member
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2016, 09:46:00 PM »
Just finished assembling my recovery kit and got it all under the rear seat.

In the first picture:
- ARB damper (can't miss THAT!!!)
- Recovery Strap (yellow)
- Axle straps (2) (black)
- Shackle for 2" receiver
- Receiver pin
- Tire repair kit

Radios are stored on the molle panels (second pic).

Offline AZGeorge

• Supporting Member
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2016, 09:28:17 PM »
Why that down-facing front camera is useful :)

Offline Hammer (Avi)

• Club President
  • Administrator
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2016, 07:13:30 AM »
Nice start to a recovery kit, just a bit of advice.  I prefer to avoid the "recovery straps" with the clips at the end, they are typically referred to more correctly as tow straps and the clips normally aren't rated high enough to be used to "yank" out another vehicle.  The preference is to use a designed snatch strap, typically rated well above 15,000 lbs.  I do also carry a chain that is only rated to 6600lbs with hooks, but I only use that for righting overturned vehicles with a winch.  Also, get a shovel :)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 07:21:26 AM by Hammer (Avi) »
PRG Advanced lift
Xoskel Sliders and Roof Rack
Full skids

Offline AZGeorge

• Supporting Member
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2016, 07:38:57 PM »
Got shovel.

You're dead on - that is a tow strap.  What would you advise for the correct strap?

Offline Thupertrooper (Victor)

• AZXC Event Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2016, 08:59:28 PM »
Got shovel.

You're dead on - that is a tow strap.  What would you advise for the correct strap?

There are alot of brands on straps but what you want to look for are the ones stitched at the ends into a loop or just have a loop weaved on the ends. 15k lbs is a good number to start with. I carry 3 straps different sizes and ratings.

Offline Hammer (Avi)

• Club President
  • Administrator
« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2016, 12:34:51 AM »
Anything at a 4x4 store will usually be rated to that, desert rat or 4 wheeler supply.  I don't know this brand, but this looks like a great deal on amazon, maybe someone else can comment on Rugged Ridge quality.  http://www.amazon.com/Rugged-Ridge-15104-02-Premium-Recovery/dp/B002QSHIEU/ref=sr_1_4?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1458890848&sr=1-4&keywords=pull+strap
PRG Advanced lift
Xoskel Sliders and Roof Rack
Full skids

Offline AZ-Ted

• AZ-Ted's YouTube Site
« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2016, 06:21:09 PM »
Stopped in at Dunbar Spring today and talked to Dave.  Soon, I will get new leaf packs built for the X (currently, I've got "Frankenstein" leaf packs that have a mix of some original leaves from 2006, and some aftermarket leaves from '07 and '11).
2006 XOR; Titan Swapped; Fully Shrocked, etc., etc.
2013 Titan Pro4X:  A.R.E. "Z" series truck cap

Offline Jo-BOB

« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2016, 08:31:52 PM »
Stopped in at Dunbar Spring today and talked to Dave.  Soon, I will get new leaf packs built for the X (currently, I've got "Frankenstein" leaf packs that have a mix of some original leaves from 2006, and some aftermarket leaves from '07 and '11).

Nice, how much lift do you have out of your current leaf packs? I have an Old Man Emu type of frankenpack, but if possible I'd like maybe 1 more inch of rear lift so if yours do that now I may be interested in buying your old ones.

Offline DBAX

« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2016, 03:32:33 PM »
So, somewhere between the Lukeville border crossing and Ajo, I heard a "pop" from under the X. Between Ajo and Gila Bend I began to notice the brakes were getting squishy (it's all highway so there was not much need to use the brakes..) It was when we had to slow down through Gila Bend and make some turns I began to hear squealing and feel the "clunk" in the turning left and right. BY the time we were back in PHX, the caliper (front passenger) had almost seized the rotor, and the pads were wearing in w/ a horrible grinding noise. I should've recognized the "pop", it was the brace (metal ring) around the hub holding on the CV (half shaft). Since the axle wasn't attached to the hub any longer, the wheel speed sensor wasn't picking up and was telling the brakes to activate. Hub breaks, cv retreats, brakes seize.
In a pinch, took it to Just Brakes. They turned the rotor(s), used my mostly new pads, and replaced OME w/ NAPA eclipse dual piston calipers. Flushed, filled, and bled all four corners for a decent price. Found a busted sway bar end link too and replaced that on the cheap also.. Just Brakes on 43rd ave and Bell is an honest shop if you need one. I like to work on my X but sometimes, I'm ok w/ having someone do the work.
I got your "Jeep thing", now it burns when I pee..

Offline AZ-Ted

• AZ-Ted's YouTube Site
« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2016, 11:30:40 PM »
Nice, how much lift do you have out of your current leaf packs? I have an Old Man Emu type of frankenpack, but if possible I'd like maybe 1 more inch of rear lift so if yours do that now I may be interested in buying your old ones.

No idea.  Enough lift to fit the 315s.  Not sure if you want 11 year old leaf packs that are broken...
2006 XOR; Titan Swapped; Fully Shrocked, etc., etc.
2013 Titan Pro4X:  A.R.E. "Z" series truck cap