Club Information > GoneMOAB Information

GoneMoab 2013 Sponsorship

<< < (2/11) > >>

11Pro4X:
We did gain at least 25 members.  Last year we went from 17 sponsoring members to 43.  So IMO it worked.  Not saying we should throw money out the window but maybe donate a prize for the raffle or something?

sunny1881:

--- Quote from: 11Pro4X on December 13, 2012, 10:29:39 AM ---We did gain at least 25 members.  Last year we went from 17 sponsoring members to 43.  So IMO it worked.  Not saying we should throw money out the window but maybe donate a prize for the raffle or something?

--- End quote ---

Thats a good idea, maybe buy $100-$200 in gear or even gift card and donate for the raffle, we did gain members this year but I wouldnt attribute all to GoneMoab sponsorship, probably 5-10 or so from that and the rest from Marcin's and everybody's word of mouth advertising.

AZXterra410:
I am always for supporting an even like Moab. If people don't support it, it will eventually go away.

Hammer (Avi):
I agree that we need to sponsor what we take part in, and this brings up another point.  There are several events every year that are important to AZXC.  Gone Moab is one, Tread lightly is another, and the Fat Tire Bike ride as well.  Please tell me if I am missing one.  I dont think AZXC can right now afford to sponsors all these events, but we can deffinetly sponsor one and probably do a raffle as well.  I think we should get a list of cherities people think we should invest in, and then vote on which one we donate to this year.   

AZ-Ted:
I'm not sold on the idea of sponsoring gone Moab at the $500 level again.  Tomas has a point when he mentions that the AZXC dues are $25 per member per year.  For us to give $500 to gone Moab this year, that requires 20 members' dues to cover.

Other events that we have sponsored in the past are:  Chili Cookoff, Fat Tire, and various cleanups (Table Mesa Cleanup, 4 Peaks Pickup, etc.).  The only other outflow of cash (that I can think of) is to support the Tread Lightly! organization.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version