General Discussion > Ham

Ham Radio Study Materials

<< < (4/5) > >>

defibvt:
I could do Thursday night if that is possible.  My work goes from 1845-0715.  Since I get up at 1600 it is nearly impossible for me to do anything before work.

defibvt:
Well I tuned in 6940 and tried a couple of others and nothing came in.  I might be doing something wrong or there isn't any traffic. 

DZRT:

--- Quote from: defibvt on July 15, 2009, 07:13:34 PM ---Well I tuned in 6940 and tried a couple of others and nothing came in.  I might be doing something wrong or there isn't any traffic. 

--- End quote ---
Probably no traffic. Listen for a couple hours, listen for the repeater to ID itself.
Try listening to the Thunderbird repeater (146.700) which is on the John C Lincon Hospital. I've heard nets there. Look them up on Google and check out that club. They have a net, see what time that is and tune in then. If you get really ambitious, see if you can find clubs associated with the repeaters and then look at the club website. I wonder if the Ham 4x4 Club has a repeater...

Killing4aliving:
All I gotta say is www.4x4ham.com  ;D

DZRT:
I listend some and chatted some on 6940 today on my way home. Sounded good. Nice Machine

(Did I just say CHATTED? as in TRANSMITTED? Oh ya, that would be because I'M A HAM! BAHAHAHA! cause I can!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version