collapse

Donate

Become a 2017/18 AZXC Supporting Member just Click the Donate button.

* Calendar

October 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

* Newest Member

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 32
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
goto AZXC

Go To AZXC

goto AZTC

GoTo AZFC

GoTo AZPC

Forum Chatbox

Refresh History
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Anyone got some Pro 4x or Off Road trim line wheels laying around?
    Today at 12:37:41 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): I mounted two yesterday and the other three will arrive today
    Yesterday at 11:01:10 AM
  • remo1991(Brent): pictures
    Yesterday at 09:38:53 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): These mud terrains look awesome
    Yesterday at 09:07:24 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): I got a good deal on the Mastercraft Courser MXT from work. I blew a tire and slided another at CANVAZ. My duratracs were getting low already so I jumped on the new tires. I stayed with the 285/75R16
    Yesterday at 09:06:53 AM
  • DBAX: 5 new tires is always fun. What'd you go w/ Kyle?
    Yesterday at 07:52:29 AM
  • XTiki: I'll clean the tent out next weekend.  ha
    October 17, 2017, 09:20:48 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): I got 5 new tires today
    October 17, 2017, 05:47:13 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Did you get it fixed?
    October 17, 2017, 04:32:36 PM
  • Hammer (Avi): It was a great weekend, we decided to stop in flag instead of going home, but now its back to work and real life
    October 17, 2017, 02:24:37 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): Coffee & Crawlers is every 2nd Saturday.
    October 16, 2017, 03:31:12 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): Just finished unloading my X. Still smells like smoke.
    October 16, 2017, 10:05:42 AM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): CANVAZ was a blast still haven't fully unloaded the truck.
    October 16, 2017, 08:47:00 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): Got homenfrom CANVAZ at 730pm. Was so tired we all took a shower and went to bed. Now to unpack the X and clean it up. It was a great weekend. Thanks to all that attended. We didn't get a final rig count but it was somewhere in the ballpark of 26.
    October 16, 2017, 07:42:12 AM
  • Forrest: How often does coffee and crawlers happen?
    October 13, 2017, 04:00:15 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): First day of CANVAZ 2017!
    October 13, 2017, 06:41:09 AM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): I was trying to get everything ready since Wednesday but couldnt get my rig aligned so friday morning it is for me. Ill post my actual departure to meet up with some of you guys
    October 12, 2017, 06:53:36 AM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Well I am now the owner of a 2nd Gen Xterra.
    October 12, 2017, 06:48:48 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): Depends though, I'm waiting on some details before I can set a final departing time.
    October 11, 2017, 07:27:21 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): I plan to drive up no later than Friday morning.
    October 11, 2017, 07:26:49 PM

Author Topic: Holsters  (Read 4246 times)

Offline Hammer (Avi)

• Club President
  • Administrator
Holsters
« on: January 23, 2013, 12:48:44 AM »
I don't often CC, but when I do, its a pita.  I am looking for holster recommendations.  I currently have an XD40 that I like and would love to CC but have yet to find a belt/holster combo I feel comfortable CC all day.  I am actually considering picking up a different firearm because of this, but for the mean time, this is what I have and I'd like to see if I can make it doable.

My primary concern is this, many WB holsters seem comfortable while walking and standing, but not when sitting.  I have put a mount in my vehicle for easy access while driving, but what if I want to go watch a movie? Or go out to dinner, when my waste band is likely to fill up?  So I was thinking of a shoulder holster.  What has everyone had experience with and like?

PRG Advanced lift
Xoskel Sliders and Roof Rack
Full skids

11Pro4X

Re: Holsters
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 01:08:29 AM »
I wear a black hawk serpa holster.

When I am in the office i always have a blazer on so its easy.

Offline Hammer (Avi)

• Club President
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 01:23:48 AM »
Serpa is an entire line of holsters made by black hawk, could you be more specific.  What do you mean it's easy with a blazer?  Is it a WB model and the blazer keeps it from being seen?  Is it a shoulder version that is under the blazer?  If it is a WB model, can you sit without it jabbing you in the side?
PRG Advanced lift
Full skids

11Pro4X

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 01:26:37 AM »
WB version and its not seen because I have a blazer on.  Yes I can sit with it not jabbing me in the leg, but when I am in the office I sometimes take it out and put it in my desk.   

paintsnow

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 09:08:40 AM »
I'm a huge fan of In the Waste band holsters. One big thing that I like is that nothing is visible below the belt line, so my shirt can ride up to the top of my belt before the gun starts to be visible. Also the ones that are leather backed are really comfortable for me. It does take a little getting used to, but I think they are great. You might need to step up the size of your pants though if they are currently a little tight.

My favorite is a CompTac MTAC. I am able to conceal my full size Glock 22 with just a t-shirt. It does sometimes print, but in reality, 99.8% of people will never notice unless the actual gun is sticking out. Think about it, how often do you look at somebody's waste if they are leaning over or whatever? You might do it semi often if you are looking for a gun, but most people are plugged into their iphone or too busy shopping, or whatever to ever notice a slight bulge from your shirt, which probably looks just like a belt pouch for a cell phone.

I recently bought a new holster similar to the Crossbreed, where the leather portion is larger than the MTAC. I'm still breaking it in and getting he leather to soften up. So far I prefer the smaller MTAC, but I'm sure once this one breaks in it will be just as comfortable.

I can bring the holster to the camping thing on the 16th if you want to try it out

Offline Hammer (Avi)

• Club President
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 05:20:03 AM »
What about belt recommendations? IWB versions of course, no point concealing if you have a 3 inch belt on. 
PRG Advanced lift
Full skids

paintsnow

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 07:51:34 AM »
I use a wilderness belt. They have measuring guides but the nice thing is that they're local so I just went in and tried them on to find the right size. The lady helped me find one that I could use with and without my in the waistband holster. After we found the right size they didn't have the exact version I wanted so they made one while I waited.

http://www.thewilderness.com/index.php?p=page&page_id=Location%20and%20Hours

I bought the one with the plastic liner but its probably overkill on stiffness for Iwb. I really like it though

fangars

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 04:40:22 PM »

Offline Hammer (Avi)

• Club President
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 06:30:50 PM »
I had been checking out that video.  Nice find. 
PRG Advanced lift
Full skids

Offline timh

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 06:19:51 AM »
I carry a Ruger LC9 with a JBP Holster.  I always wear it IWB and so far it is the most comfortable concealed carry combination that I have found.  I really like the LC9 because of how slim it is, and it shoots well for me.  I like it so much I bought one for my wife also!

http://www.jbpholsters.com/servlet/the-38/Leather-gun-holster-ambidextrous/Detail

fangars

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 12:25:14 PM »
http://layingjleather.com/renegade_conceal_carry_rig

I have been using this for almost a year now. I can not use a waist line holster, in or out, and function in the positions I need to get in during work. I carry every waking hour now. I do not trust leaving my side arm in a back pack or in the truck.

For me it works great, even during summer when I am already over dressed for the weather due to my welding. Those of you who do not like to wear long sleeve tshirts with button or snap shirt over that from the months of May to November will probably not like this rig.

For around the house I have a holster that protects the pistol from what I do around here. I carry all day at home as well as while away.

Home invasions and burglaries have been happening for a while here in our area with the back alleys as the main access for criminals, at all times of the day.

Offline sunny1881

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 12:43:16 PM »
I carry a Ruger LC9 with a JBP Holster.  I always wear it IWB and so far it is the most comfortable concealed carry combination that I have found.  I really like the LC9 because of how slim it is, and it shoots well for me.  I like it so much I bought one for my wife also!

http://www.jbpholsters.com/servlet/the-38/Leather-gun-holster-ambidextrous/Detail

Thanks for the info, I just bought a black one, for $20 and the reviews being good, this looks like its a steal, hopefully its as good as the reviews say it is.

Offline timh

Re: Re: Re: Holsters
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 12:47:11 PM »

Thanks for the info, I just bought a black one, for $20 and the reviews being good, this looks like its a steal, hopefully its as good as the reviews say it is.

I can't say enough good about them.  I have been using mine almost daily for over a year now and it has held up great. 

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Tapatalk 2

Offline Brute

• Noob
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2013, 11:33:45 PM »
I carry a glock 19 in a crossbreed IWB holster, really damn comfortable. I'll have a kel tec p11 in my boot as a backup every once and a while. I had a blackhawk serpa retention holster for open carry and jacket carry, but i ditched it once i started shooting competitions due to how unsafe i feel drawing from that thing.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 11:36:22 PM by Brute »

Offline AWIZRD

• Noob
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2015, 08:36:14 PM »
I have multiple '45's for EDC weapons and alway use an IWB.. I've been looking at http://aliengearholsters.com/1911-4-25-inch-cloak-tuck-2-0-iwb-holster-inside-the-waistband.html - Go to their website and look at the reviews - ALL 5 out of 5
2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X - 2-time TOTM winner
K5WIZ - Usually on 2-meter/70cm (W7ARA & WB7TJD)
Wizard's Build http://www.azxterraclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=1887.0
“Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.” - John Wayne