collapse

Donate

Become a 2017/18 AZXC Supporting Member just Click the Donate button.

* Calendar

November 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

Upcoming Events

* Newest Member

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 26
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
goto AZXC

Go To AZXC

goto AZTC

GoTo AZFC

GoTo AZPC

Forum Chatbox

Refresh History
  • remo1991(Brent): I'm in Tucson always looking for something to do
    November 18, 2017, 07:52:12 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): New Club patches are coming soon...pics just posted! Who wants some?! [link]
    November 17, 2017, 06:37:09 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): There's a few members in Tucson, but not sure what their availability is.
    November 17, 2017, 10:44:00 AM
  • cjohan: anyone in tucson? need to do the bypass but would rather have help then do it myself
    November 15, 2017, 07:43:18 PM
  • HBIII: Thanks, I will check them out
    November 12, 2017, 02:40:02 PM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): Phx rack and axle has lifetime replacement on there rack and pinions.
    November 12, 2017, 10:44:55 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): Sounds like your replacement rack was bad.
    November 12, 2017, 08:28:27 AM
  • HBIII: The assembly is leaking in both sides and the boots on the inner tie rods are both ripped open leading them to believe it is all related. Sorry I'm not the best with suspension knowledge
    November 10, 2017, 03:14:54 PM
  • cjohan: inner tie rods?
    November 10, 2017, 02:18:28 PM
  • HBIII: Inner tie rods
    November 10, 2017, 02:11:18 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): fans are controlled by the coolant temp. When coolant temp is above specified temp the fans will come on.
    November 10, 2017, 01:36:02 PM
  • cjohan: anyone have there fans come on with engine? a/c and heat off
    November 10, 2017, 01:19:49 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): where exactly did it fail?
    November 10, 2017, 12:48:52 PM
  • HBIII: The factory rack failed at 48k miles and now the replacement just failed at 71k miles and I don't know why
    November 10, 2017, 06:41:15 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): Elaborate "eat steering assembly"
    November 10, 2017, 03:53:49 AM
  • HBIII: Preferably in the valley. Thanks
    November 10, 2017, 12:21:39 AM
  • HBIII: Anyone have recommendation for someone that can diagnose an issue causing my X to eat steering assemblies?
    November 10, 2017, 12:20:59 AM
  • Forrest: Charouleau gap is a fun but difficult trail I try to go up there once a month
    November 09, 2017, 07:46:05 AM
  • 14Frontier: I have been up to kiss rock on the gap
    November 07, 2017, 05:37:40 PM
  • remo1991(Brent): Yup fun trail
    November 05, 2017, 07:00:20 AM

Author Topic: CCW  (Read 7424 times)

Offline AZGeorge

• Supporting Member
Re: CCW
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2016, 07:44:15 PM »
If you are a veteran you can expedite the process with your DD214. Myself I will be converting my Florida CCw into Arizona. I have to take a class and pay the man!

Its funny how is t always comes down to money! :-\

I have a DD214 and went through the day-long class at Merchant Firearms.  I wholeheartedly recommend going through the course as they teach the legal ramifications and what you can and can't do in AZ with a firearm.  It's nice having the DD214, but there is sooooo much that you should know.

And the price is reasonable considering you actually go through eight separate background checks to get the CCW.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 07:46:13 PM by AZGeorge »
2015 Pro-4X with solar panel and inverters.  Skid plates.  Sasa Sliders. 2" rear lift.  ARB front bumper+10K winch.  OME front suspension. Front bumper camera.  Molle panels.
>>>>>TotM: 07/16 03/17 10/17 <<<<<

Offline AZGeorge

• Supporting Member
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2016, 07:52:01 PM »
I agree with training and the fine points of the law that could get one in trouble.   

Example:  Federal says one can carry within  1000 ft. of a school. That is easy enough, but that includes Passing on a road way in front of the school.

So the moral of the story is,  a class is always good and practice with your side arm.

My #1 reason for getting the CCW was because my last house was inside a school zone and I needed it to legally transport firearms to/from my house.  The best reason for getting it is because I carry in the desert and having the CCW enables me to carry on National Parks and National Monuments.

2015 Pro-4X with solar panel and inverters.  Skid plates.  Sasa Sliders. 2" rear lift.  ARB front bumper+10K winch.  OME front suspension. Front bumper camera.  Molle panels.

Offline Ghostrider

• Supporting Member
  • Red Rock Spirit
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2016, 07:39:25 PM »
That is good information on national Parks. I relieved my packet from AZDPS last week and I got fingerprinted today.   My conversion is easy because I have a Florida CWP in good standing. Arizona recognizes my permit and plus am a Veteran.

Next step is to  pay the man for $60.00 bucks, send the packet,  and we wait for 8-10 weeks. 8)
Mark Costa

Offline Ghostrider

• Supporting Member
  • Red Rock Spirit
Re: Arizona DPS, is raly behind on CCW
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2016, 07:47:38 PM »
Email  DPS and they are so behind! Good thing I up dated my Florida CCW!

It a sign of the times, people do not feel safe.
Mark Costa

Offline Chuy

• Supporting Member
Re: Arizona DPS, is raly behind on CCW
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2016, 08:53:10 PM »
Email  DPS and they are so behind! Good thing I up dated my Florida CCW!

It a sign of the times, people do not feel safe.

The good thing is a CCW is not needed in AZ, but I think all people who shoot or carry a gun need to know how to use it. The classes are cheap and they offer good information.
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

Offline AZGeorge

• Supporting Member
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2016, 10:48:52 AM »
CCW is still needed in AZ for certain things, like:
Carry privileges in 35 states with the Arizona permit.
No background check requirement when purchasing firearms (save yourself a few minutes).
Carry permitted in restaurants that allow concealed carry (meaning you can go to a bar with your gun - no drinking though).
Carry in national parks in Arizona.
Carry in school zones (not on schools - within the 1000ft perimeter)

And I recommend going through the training, even if you have a DD-214 (and you know who you are) because the legal training is invaluable.  There are certain limits on what one can do with a gun in AZ and it is really good to know them - the CCW class I went through covered that (State requirement).

Offline Ghostrider

• Supporting Member
  • Red Rock Spirit
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2016, 08:33:52 PM »
Finally got mine on Saturday.   Ya! 8)
Mark Costa

Offline Pax (Eric)

• Supporting Member
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2016, 09:22:40 PM »
Does anyone know about how long it takes to get one? Because i am trying to get it before CANVAZ so i can carry in Nevada as well.

Offline Hammer (Avi)

• Club President
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2016, 02:21:54 AM »
Does anyone know about how long it takes to get one? Because i am trying to get it before CANVAZ so i can carry in Nevada as well.
Once you take the class and send in the paperwork I think it is about a month. 
PRG Advanced lift
Xoskel Sliders and Roof Rack
Full skids

Offline Pax (Eric)

• Supporting Member
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2016, 11:09:02 AM »
Once you take the class and send in the paperwork I think it is about a month.

Awesome thanks

Offline Desert-X-Guy

• Noob
    • stallingsphotography.com
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2017, 03:43:14 PM »
Where are you guys still getting these done at and how much are they running?

I accidentally let our (wife) ccw's expire, because I missed the renewal date and they don't have/offer autopay.  I checked with our old place and they have shut down since the need has died down considerably.

Kicking myself, just don't check thee ol' po box like we did in the old days.

Offline Hammer (Avi)

• Club President
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2017, 09:18:21 PM »
Good question, this thread needed an update.  So both me and FirstLady got ours at C2 tactical with a groupon.  I won't go and advertise for C2, I think their prices are high and transfer fees for non members are a joke.  The class itself was good and informative.  They took care of the thumb prints and gave us directions for mailing in and paying the fees.  I think it was about 50 for the class and probably another 50 or so in fees.  They did allow us free range time all day, which was nice.  I think it includes gun rental to cert with if you don't have your own as well.   
PRG Advanced lift
Xoskel Sliders and Roof Rack
Full skids

Offline Rubio480

• Supporting Member
    • Rubio_pro4x
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2017, 09:20:31 PM »
Just like Avi, i got a groupon and did mine at Caswells in mesa with my uncle. They took care of everything.
2011 FRONTIER  PRO4X

WFB

*CO-FOUNDER OF COPPERSTATE NISSAN ENTHUSIASTS*

Offline Thatsgr8 (Scott)

• Scott May
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2017, 03:57:15 AM »
I just googled CCW and found one in Chandler for $39.99. Four hour class. In and out.  Fingerprinting included.  The manual he used is available to purchase a hard copy or download a PDF from his website.  It is located on Chandler Blvd and (I think) 48th st.  Right next door to Merchant Firearms.  I did mine Nov 2016.  I also believe everyone needs at least a safety course before carrying.
You can't fix stupid

Offline Desert-X-Guy

• Noob
    • stallingsphotography.com
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2017, 09:16:55 AM »
Great info, thanks.  My wife is 5-6 months preggo atm tho, so prob have to wait til she can take a proper stance. 

Last time we did our ccw, almost 7-10 years back, it scared the crap out of me to know the kinds of people that would be carrying their firearms.  Blew me away that people would take a class, that had either never fired their firearm or never fired a firearm period.  One guy managed to hit my wife's target who was 2 stands away.  Another guy tried to draw from around his back, whilst next to my wife (I then shat down his throat and problem was alleviated).  Moral of the story, I think everyone is the USA needs to be required to take a mandatory 8 hour class on:

1.  This is a firearm, not a toy
2.  Do not put your finger on the trigger unless you are ready to pull it
3.  Do not draw or aim your weapon like you see in the movies
4.  The bullet comes out the end with the hole
5.  This is seriously not a toy, and can and will kill someone
6.  A firearm is not a cure to resolve conflicts
7.  A holster isn't a recommendation it is mandatory, don't be the guy that shoots himself in the pecker
8.  If any of these subjects where confusing to you, raise your hand and we can send you to the remedial 48 hour program ;)

I get that its our right, and that made sense when to fire a weapon you had to know how to deal with paper, powder, rods, flint locks and all that fun.  Heck if you could load it, you were already in possession of some need to know knowledge, like how a firearm works.

Not to get too off topic but such a class would probably be quite helpful before being allowed to vote, as well ;)