collapse

Donate

Become a 2017/18 AZXC Supporting Member just Click the Donate button.

* Calendar

October 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Newest Member

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 33
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
goto AZXC

Go To AZXC

goto AZTC

GoTo AZFC

GoTo AZPC

Forum Chatbox

Refresh History
  • pinchel (Rob): Coffee & Crawlers is every 2nd Saturday.
    Today at 03:31:12 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): Just finished unloading my X. Still smells like smoke.
    Today at 10:05:42 AM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): CANVAZ was a blast still haven't fully unloaded the truck.
    Today at 08:47:00 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): Got homenfrom CANVAZ at 730pm. Was so tired we all took a shower and went to bed. Now to unpack the X and clean it up. It was a great weekend. Thanks to all that attended. We didn't get a final rig count but it was somewhere in the ballpark of 26.
    Today at 07:42:12 AM
  • Forrest: How often does coffee and crawlers happen?
    October 13, 2017, 04:00:15 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): First day of CANVAZ 2017!
    October 13, 2017, 06:41:09 AM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): I was trying to get everything ready since Wednesday but couldnt get my rig aligned so friday morning it is for me. Ill post my actual departure to meet up with some of you guys
    October 12, 2017, 06:53:36 AM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Well I am now the owner of a 2nd Gen Xterra.
    October 12, 2017, 06:48:48 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): Depends though, I'm waiting on some details before I can set a final departing time.
    October 11, 2017, 07:27:21 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): I plan to drive up no later than Friday morning.
    October 11, 2017, 07:26:49 PM
  • XTiki: Want to make Secret Pass run at noon.
    October 11, 2017, 07:22:07 PM
  • XTiki: Anybody driving up early Friday from the Valley??  Wanted to make camp by 10am
    October 11, 2017, 07:20:57 PM
  • XTiki: The Valley??  I planned on leaving early to get up for Friday first trail.
    October 11, 2017, 07:18:44 PM
  • XTiki: Anybody driving up Friday morning early from
    October 11, 2017, 07:18:12 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Thursday!?
    October 11, 2017, 06:07:55 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: added pictures to my FS post for my Xterra
    October 11, 2017, 03:38:32 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Thanks Pit, wasnt sure if it was okay to post them there.
    October 11, 2017, 10:54:26 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): post your guns for sale in the gun section
    October 11, 2017, 09:33:16 AM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: I have a few guns I am looking to sell if anyone is interested, FNS 9C FDE and the POF Revolution CMR .308
    October 11, 2017, 07:27:42 AM
  • Stephen: It's like to head up on Thursday for CANVAZ if anyone would like to go up then too
    October 10, 2017, 09:32:38 PM

Author Topic: Granite Firearms Training Review  (Read 1238 times)

paintsnow

Granite Firearms Training Review
« on: January 23, 2013, 11:13:51 AM »
http://www.granitefirearmstraining.com/

John, who owns Hunter Offroad, is also starting to do firearm training classes. We talked a little about his first class when he was building my bumpers, and I was immediately on board!
John is on a warrant squad and goes on visits to strangers houses pretty often, so he certainly has experience.

On to the class, me and a friend drove down from Flagstaff for his Advanced Weapon Handling Rifle/Handgun class. When we got to the range and things started moving along I was shocked to see that there were almost as many instructors as students, or at least it felt like there was always an instructor right next to me. Huge difference from the next bay over who had double the students and only one instructor barking at everyone.

There was a wealth of knowledge from all the instructors, and we both LOVED the class.
It was also great because we did not waste ammo by just sending bullets downrange. There was a lot of 2, 3, or 4 rounds per mag drills where we developed the skills of reloading and other skills instead of giving our trigger fingers a workout!

I cant recommend John enough, both for his tube skills and his firearm training. If anyone is interested TAKE A CLASS!!! You will be back for more.

fangars

Re: Granite Firearms Training Review
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 01:52:29 AM »
This sounds very intriguing.

What about the legal issues of gun ownership, open and conceal carry, and situational consequence?

Is any of that covered?

I will be getting in touch with Hunter on this soon and hope a great deal of attention is given to the legal issues.

Between tactical and practical I would much rather have the practical knowledge of how to deal with what happens after you have dealt with threats to your person as I think a lot of courses deal heavily on our physical survival and not enough on our legal survival. Both are equally important as once you have been shot to death you are dead, but if you survive a threat only to be attacked by the legal system then you die over and over and over and over again.

Both are important and I would love to be a part of this.

paintsnow

Re: Granite Firearms Training Review
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 08:00:56 AM »
This was not a ccw, or law class, but a tactical class. We did however talk about what to do when you run into responding law enforcement to avoid being shot.

Besides, its Arizona! The laws are easy to look up, but if anyone has any questions or trouble finding anything let me know. I am not a lawyer, but i can link ars statutes and lead you in the right direction.

Not sure what you mean by legal issues of gun ownership, but as far a situational consequences I'm sure there are enough scenarios that you could spend all day talking about them. I think we did have a few questions related to that, which were answered, but the class focused on improving shooting skills.