collapse

Donate

Become a 2017/18 AZXC Supporting Member just Click the Donate button.

* Calendar

October 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
[22] 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Newest Member

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 16
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
goto AZXC

Go To AZXC

goto AZTC

GoTo AZFC

GoTo AZPC

Forum Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Stephen: I have never run any trails in Sedona since I've lived here...need to fix that asap
    Today at 12:55:37 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Crown King Next Saturday!
    Today at 10:36:13 AM
  • Stephen: Folks, running Sedona next Saturday, then going to the muerte festival later that evening. Going up with a jeep buddy...family friendly
    Yesterday at 07:03:03 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: 2010 or newer. I like the charcoal center.
    October 20, 2017, 01:50:20 PM
  • Stoic V: I have a set of 4, off a 2012.  Which design/year are you looking for?
    October 20, 2017, 08:49:27 AM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Anyone got some Pro 4x or Off Road trim line wheels laying around?
    October 19, 2017, 12:37:41 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): I mounted two yesterday and the other three will arrive today
    October 18, 2017, 11:01:10 AM
  • remo1991(Brent): pictures
    October 18, 2017, 09:38:53 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): These mud terrains look awesome
    October 18, 2017, 09:07:24 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): I got a good deal on the Mastercraft Courser MXT from work. I blew a tire and slided another at CANVAZ. My duratracs were getting low already so I jumped on the new tires. I stayed with the 285/75R16
    October 18, 2017, 09:06:53 AM
  • DBAX: 5 new tires is always fun. What'd you go w/ Kyle?
    October 18, 2017, 07:52:29 AM
  • XTiki: I'll clean the tent out next weekend.  ha
    October 17, 2017, 09:20:48 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): I got 5 new tires today
    October 17, 2017, 05:47:13 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Did you get it fixed?
    October 17, 2017, 04:32:36 PM
  • Hammer (Avi): It was a great weekend, we decided to stop in flag instead of going home, but now its back to work and real life
    October 17, 2017, 02:24:37 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): Coffee & Crawlers is every 2nd Saturday.
    October 16, 2017, 03:31:12 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): Just finished unloading my X. Still smells like smoke.
    October 16, 2017, 10:05:42 AM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): CANVAZ was a blast still haven't fully unloaded the truck.
    October 16, 2017, 08:47:00 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): Got homenfrom CANVAZ at 730pm. Was so tired we all took a shower and went to bed. Now to unpack the X and clean it up. It was a great weekend. Thanks to all that attended. We didn't get a final rig count but it was somewhere in the ballpark of 26.
    October 16, 2017, 07:42:12 AM
  • Forrest: How often does coffee and crawlers happen?
    October 13, 2017, 04:00:15 PM

Author Topic: The Red D22  (Read 6946 times)

Offline Rev

• Rev & VP of AZXC
  • Rev Rev, Vroom Vroom
    • StreetQuest
The Red D22
« on: February 02, 2013, 11:23:53 PM »
My very first vehicle that wasn't a hand me down from another family member was this 2000 model Frontier. I've got a picture around here somewhere that was taken the day I bought it at the dealership when I was 18 and pulling out of the lot with it. The turned it into a calendar and it was pretty cool and memorable. I'll look for it later.

I always had these big grand plans for this truck. It's a 4x2 XE model, and for the longest time I had told myself I was going to swap in a Pathfinder VQ35 and 4x4 tranny and suspension. Heck at one time I was looking into swapping in an RB26DETT and AWD and calling it an FT-R ;D

I went a little crazy getting all the plastic pieces I could for it. It was bare when I bought it. It didn't even have the fender flares or splash guards; so those, the bug deflector, window visors, side window grilles, and at one time I had a rear window air deflector and a CB radio on it.

The rear deflector and CB radio were stolen. Someone in my gated apartment complex at the time just ripped half the rear deflector off the truck and left me the other half. The CB Radio I'm almost convinced that whoever stole it thought it was the amp to the sound system, because they stole the CB and my subwoofer and left the amp under the seat. More recently someone tried to get the wind visor on the driver's side and just like the rear deflector they ended up breaking a big piece off of it and just leaving the rest there.

About four years ago, I kind of gave this truck to my mom because her Chrysler was an absolute B!7¢# to work on and was always broken. I still technically own it, but I don't drive it anymore. Whenever I walk by it though I feel like it's looking at me with those clear lens headlights I installed as if to say, "I'm lonely, please come back!" ;D

Did you know Frontiers come standard with a twisted bumper? Apparently so, because I have not seen a 98-00 Frontier with a straight bumper in years! I replaced mine twice, first it was twisted when I bought it and got a new one, second time I was rear ended at a stop sign - the guy was actually mad at me for stopping, he took off and after the police showed up it turned out it was someone with a warrant who they'd been after for a while. Needless to say he didn't replace my bumper, but I eventually did. And then my mom borrowed it again one day. I got it back and freaked out that the bumper was once again twisted up. Turned out she backed into a bus stop. It's just not meant to be.

It's funny how my X just dwarfs it now.

I'm thinking I'm probably going to end up signing it over to my mom completely soon. We're probably going to end up selling it because she really wants a Mazda Miata or Saturn Sky.

Such a great and reliable little work horse. I'd really miss it if my X wasn't so awesome ;D

I really like having the versatility of a truck. Part of me says that what I really want is a dark blue Nissan Frontier 4x4 Nismo or Pro-4X with a 6speed transmission. If I could find a vehicle that met those five requirements I'd try so hard to buy it.

Anyway, that's my truck! ;D